• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

EXciting day for me today....closing a deal on a 390 CS

390cs68rcode

Well, I have been looking for a 390 auto CS and have come across one with the help of a board member (very thankful). We are closing the deal on Friday. Here is a little tease.

Attachments

• 390cs1.jpg
    390cs1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 18

nfrntau

That's it Jason, you definitely need that 6 car garage with the high overheads and that lift.

I'd be more than happy to share my dream shop/garage plans with you. All I ask in return is that you let me drool a little when it's done. lol

Mustanger

Wow, that's a really good-looking CS! Doesn't look like you have to do anything to it ... it looks turn-key and good to go.
Just keep it under 100 (mph) ;)

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

aside from replacing the interior (soft stuff and restoring the woodgrain stuff) and adding a AC system I think that is all I will have to do to it (for the most part).

I am happy to be able to aquire this car.

Mosesatm

You've obviously never driven in Houston. It's similar to SoCal. The phrase "like a bat out of hell" best describes the driving styles of both places, except the drivers are meaner here and carry guns.

Mustanglvr

That is a very pretty CS you have there. The engine compartment is just beautiful. Good luck with the purchase. Rhonda

68gt390

Jason;
Congrats on obtaining your 390 CS. Very nice lookng car. This one gets to go in the house right?

Don ;D

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1652;start=0#msg10162 date=1115401221]
Jason;
Congrats on obtaining your 390 CS. Very nice lookng car. This one gets to go in the house right?

Don ;D
[/quote]

I think I am going to have to make my 3 car garage a 6 car soon. I might have to get a storage unit or two nearby until then. :)

P

PNewitt

Not to nitpick, but is that engine original to the CS? It has a '67 air cleaner, and there is no hose to the crankcase cap from the AC either. The chrome lid is from a '67, too.

It would be interesting to see if the numbers match on the block--and to know what the casting number is under the block, just ahead of the starter (C6ME-A? C7ME-A? C7AE-A?).

In any case...you better "baby" this one. Clear a spot in the living room to park it.

Congrats--

Paul N.

Mosesatm

Have you forgotten about the extra garage space in Humble?

The husky is in her chewing stage and the beagle may lift his leg a few times on a tire or two but other than those 2 annoyances it's a perfect spot for the new car. ;D

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Paul

the engine is not numbers matching. Once I get it home I will go through it and make corrections to it.

Ahhh, yes the extra parking in Humble. Could you keep my wifes new Mini I have to buy her since I got another car? ;)

Mosesatm

I forgot about the Mini. Wouldn't she rather have a new Solstice? Either way it looks like we're talking about a 7-car garage. I know a guy who tried to build an addition to his garage but the planning dept wouldn't approve it so he built a "game room" instead. It has carpet, wood paneling, and these really WIDE doors that lead to the outside and open accordion style. Sometimes we just need to think outside the box.

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1652;start=0#msg10169 date=1115405796]
I forgot about the Mini. Wouldn't she rather have a new Solstice? Either way it looks like we're talking about a 7-car garage. I know a guy who tried to build an addition to his garage but the planning dept wouldn't approve it so he built a "game room" instead. It has carpet, wood paneling, and these really WIDE doors that lead to the outside and open accordion style. Sometimes we just need to think outside the box.
[/quote]

My wife runs an in home day care licensed through the state and I've just about got her talked into building a completely finished carpeted two car garage I mean day care romper room add on to the house. Be a nice little tax write off for the day car/e. I'd just have the two garage doors framed in and ready to knock out when she decides she doesn't want to do day care. The only thing I have to do different is make sure it has a higher ceiling than normal to accomodate the openers. Her only concern, concrete floors. I assure her there is plenty of padding in the valley and my fly fishing partner is a carpet laying fool that always puts in my carpet for...well...nothing.

Hook

Mosesatm

In Denver (ahh the good old days) the basements have 2x2 furring over the concrete slabs with standard plywood subflooring over the furring. Makes for a much warmer and softer basement floor. Could do something similar in the day care.

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1652;start=15#msg10188 date=1115417051]
In Denver (ahh the good old days) the basements have 2x2 furring over the concrete slabs with standard plywood subflooring over the furring. Makes for a much warmer and softer basement floor. Could do something similar in the day care.
[/quote]

True, but I was thinking how nice it would be to spoil the CS with a nice padded carpeted parking spot when the time comes. ;D Also serve as more incentive not to have any oil leaks. ;)

Hook

rvrtrash

I think what you need to do Hook, is put in a motorized turntable for the CS to sit on and then tell the wife you're getting her a very large indoor merry-go-round. Come on man, you gotta start thinking outside the box here! ;D

hookedtrout

Hey...now that's an idea, an indoor merry-go-round, shes going to love that idea, as long as I keep the spin motor on the slow side, don't want to have to scrape the little ones off the wall.

Hook

P

PNewitt

Don't forget the "bag of sand" in the trunk to balance the 390.

::)