• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Please Help Me In Michigan !!!!!!!

mporo1

In the summer of 1982 I bought a Candyapple Red GT/CS in LaMirada, California and brought it home. It was a basic 289 2V with Red interior. Along with my now deceased father, we restored it and like an idiot, I sold it.

I STILL THINK IT IS IN MICHIGAN AS I SWORE I SAW IT DRVING DOWN EUREKA ROAD one Monday night back in the fall of 2005 in front of Yack Arena...I have searched high and low for a VIN but can find it. I just want to speak to whomever owns it and beg them if they ever sell it to give me the first shot.

I sold it in September of 1987 and it was purchased off of the center of the sales floor at the old Krug Lincoln-Mercury shortly after. It had Customized state of Michigan front plates that read GT/CS, it had 2 dash badges from Dearborn shows and it has Stainless GT wheels...It had no factory air or really any options...The driver's side GT/CS stripe was cut poorly at the backof the front wheel well (that's how I JUST KNEW it was my CAR !!)..If you know anything of this car , PLEASE CALL ME.....Michael, 734-502-5459.

OP
OP
M

mporo1

More about this car.....

It was an amateur restoration....it had red interior, EAGLE GT TIRES, it had new interior, headliner, door panels, carpet but the engine was left untouhed....( I was 19 and ran out of money!! ) I am going to look for some photos to post...I really want to find this car....When i sold it I was getting married and has a lousy $4500.00 IN DEBT I WANTED PAID OFF.....God what I wouldn't trade for that now !!

I have been looking for nearly 15 years and I JUST KNOW IT IS STILL HERE.....I just want to find it...If I would have know that my Dad would have died suddenly 3 years after I sold it, it would still be in my garage!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO, PLEASE HELP ME contact the owner.....

Mosesatm

In the summer of 1982 I bought a Candyapple Red GT/CS in LaMirada, California and brought it home. It was a basic 289 2V with Red interior. Along with my now deceased father, we restored it and like an idiot, I sold it.

I STILL THINK IT IS IN MICHIGAN AS I SWORE I SAW IT DRVING DOWN EUREKA ROAD one Monday night back in the fall of 2005 in front of Yack Arena...I have searched high and low for a VIN but can find it. I just want to speak to whomever owns it and beg them if they ever sell it to give me the first shot.

I sold it in September of 1987 and it was purchased off of the center of the sales floor at the old Krug Lincoln-Mercury shortly after. It had Customized state of Michigan front plates that read GT/CS, it had 2 dash badges from Dearborn shows and it has Stainless GT wheels...It had no factory air or really any options...The driver's side GT/CS stripe was cut poorly at the backof the front wheel well (that's how I JUST KNEW it was my CAR !!)..If you know anything of this car , PLEASE CALL ME.....Michael, 734-502-5459.

If you click on the red Registry link to the left you can run a search. Those are cars that have been registered by the owners and the registry in no way is a complete listing of all remaining GT/CSs.

The registry shows 1 Candyapple Red GT/CS in Michigan with an automatic transmission. Do you remember the VIN, or have any paperwork that has it?

OP
OP
M

mporo1

More about this car...

It had a C4 Automatic and not much else......My insurance guys can't find the VIN, Krug has been sold to Demmer.........I wanted to chase it down Eureka that night I saw it, but it was long gone before I could get to my car.

I manage a very nice jewelry store in Southgate, Michigan and I would gladly provide anyone that could either get me a name and number or give my nmae and number to it's current owner..

My name is Michael Porzondek, I can be reached at either 734-502-5458 or 734-284-1315 at work. I can can be called ANYTIME. I just want to try to reconnect with my past, my deceased father and all the time I spent fixing this car.....

I live in Belleville, Michigan now but would travel anywhere at anytime and would love to talk to the current owners EVEN if they have no intention of ever parting with this car again.

OP
OP
M

mporo1

Can't find it in he list...I wish I new someone in Law Enforcement that could run a LEIN on it...I know it was built in LA nd by all I know about it, I could probably figure it out from a VIN decoder......Geez, I just can't see someone buying this car back then and not getting involved in it...

I do remember that my Grandmother got a phone call back around 1990 from the person thata bought the car wanting to nkow more info about it...My Grandmother knew Greg Krug and he called her but as a stupid 24 year old , freshly married idiot, I never called the guy back..back then, I thought my Dad was immortal.....Man I want to find this car !!!!!!

miller511

Hey good luck Michael. I think most things in life are separated by only a couple of degrees. Putting the word out here on this site certainly gets the message out to the appropriate crowd. Let us know if you find that car!!!

BroadwayBlue

Michael,

You can't really use a VIN decoder to figure out the VIN because you'll never know the sequence number is was built in. You could find the Data Tag code if you knew everything.
But ...

Here is the link to Red one in the online registry that is in Michigan.

This is quicknick's car guys. Nick are you out there? (I'll PM him)
He hasn't posted his Marti so can't confirm the spes on the car

Just had to search by Red, Michigan and Automatic

http://www.californiaspecial.com/registry/view.php?vin=8R01C139356

This one has the chrome GT wheels.

There is a gallery of pics on page 5 of the old Gallery with a short description
http://www.californiaspecial.com/photogallery/albums.php?set_albumListPage=5

Pictures are here
http://www.californiaspecial.com/photogallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=bazant

See if that's it!

This also states it has a vinyl top. Did yours have a Parchment Vinyl Top?

THere is this one on eBAy ... you never know ...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=&item=150217415993&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Just have to keep looking. Don't assume it's still in Michigan.
With eBay and other sources today, cars move a lot.
My current GT/CS was in California as of 2002, then to North Carolina and then to NY as of 2006. So a lot can happen in 3 years.

That VIN if you could get would be a great find.

PFSlim

It is hard to track one without the VIN. More than likely, you will have to stumble across it, which is also hard if you want access to it very soon.

To be honest, I have had a lot of folks come up to me at car shows and say they have a GT/CS in their garage. I ask them if they are in the registry and they don't even know that it exists. Therefore, my thoughts are that if the folks that own it are on this site, they will be in the registry as well. Finding it may not be simple.

I can wish you the best of luck.

Paul

quicknick

I'm "on the case" on this guys. This is not my car, but I may have a lead on another one. I will follow up on this this week and contact Mr. Pordzondek with my findings. I'll keep you guys updated as well. Thanks for the PM on this Rich. N