• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What Dealership Sold Your Car

6t8-390gt

One of my cars sold new at McCoy & Mills Ford in Fullerton, Ca. and my other car sold new at Lutz Ford in Palo Alto, Ca.

Does anyone know anything about these dealers?

Any other members car(s) sell through the same dealer?

CalPaul

I'm not too far from P.A. and I think Lutz Ford is still there.

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

If you get up that way and can pick up a dealer license plate frame, sticker or anything else I would be willing to pay you for your troubles. Especially if it was vintage stuff.

A picture of the dealership would be cool too.

miller511

Both dealers are still around (just do a Yahoo search on the dealer name and city). I would bet that if you called their parts department, they'll be able to send you dealer frames.

I'm still waiting on my Marti report. I ordered the Mac Daddy. I wish it didn't take 6 months to get to me.
Anyway, when I get the report, I'll get the info on the dealer where the car originally sold.
My GT/CS was originally sold in Washington state. So, I hope to get a dealer license plate frame also.
I already found a vintage Washington plate with a 1969 sticker on it.
Does anyone remember if they issued stickers for the very first year of vehicle back then? Wondering if I should be looking for a plate with 1968 tag.
I know that now and as far back as I can remember (in California) you get tags for the month you bought your new car (left side) and another tag with the following year (right side).

case12

This is a good thread, and something I have been working on for some time for my CS. My CS was bought at Pasadena Motors (Arroya Blvd). As best as I can tell, it is gone now. There is nothing at the address anymore. The google search turned up litigation cases against them in the 80's. I would also be very interested in finding a license plate frame from the dealer, but nothing ever comes up on eBay when I input 'pasadena motor' other than motel postcards. I asked a few mustang parts dealers in the area, and they did not know of Pasadena Motors. If anyone out there, or from CA, knows something about them, please email me. I would love to learn more. Casey

Russ

My lime gold CS that I'm now restoring came from McCoy & Mills Ford also. This dealership is still in business in Fullerton, CA. My highland green CS came from Taylor-Slatin Ford in Hunnington Park, CA which is now out of business.

Russ

Last edited:

PFSlim

A very good question. In August, (for my birthday) my wife ordered a Elite Marti report for our car. I look forward to geting it in another 4 months or so.

Paul

CALIF GIRL

When I bought my GT/CS in about 1981 it had the original owners manuel with all the sales info filled out and also had the maintance documented from the original owner. It was sold in Ridgecrest Ca at Desert Motors, they still are in business.

Mosesatm

[quote author=SPSHLGT link=board=1;threadid=2210;start=0#msg15082 date=1128657721]
My GT/CS was originally sold in Washington state. So, I hope to get a dealer license plate frame also.
I already found a vintage Washington plate with a 1969 sticker on it.
Does anyone remember if they issued stickers for the very first year of vehicle back then? Wondering if I should be looking for a plate with 1968 tag.
[/quote]

It looks like 1963 was the last year Washington had dated plates so the '68 plates should have both stickers.

http://www.licenseplates.tv/index.php/cPath/1_189

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

Russ,

Have you reached out to McCoy & Mills or have any dealer stuff from them? I have talked to one salesman who asked me to write them a letter and they would try to send me some stuff. I was busy finishing my car and haven't done it yet.

My car was delivered in March and sold in May, what about yours?

mmarsalone

My car was sold at Theodore Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa, CA. They are still in business. I called once to see if I could get a copy of an original Bill of Sale. I didn't think about asking for a license plate frame. Anyone near Costa Mesa?

Mike

Russ

I haven't contacted McCoy & Mills Ford for any dealer items, but I will be going to CA soon, and I'll give them a call. My lime gold CS was built on March 7th and was sold on April 12th. It was a "retail" order, so the first owner ordered the car with the options he/she wanted and then waited five weeks for delivery. Fortunately, the car is a well optioned J code CS with factory A/C, Auto trans, PS, PB and GT styled wheels and wide oval tires.

Russ

Last edited:

murf104

Can anyone identify the dealer code 71C043. I have a Marti report on a car I am considering and am curious who the selling dealer was. The car is not a CS but an S code conv. Thanks in advance for any help provided. Murf

P

PNewitt

Just as a point of interest, look closely at any original paperwork on your GT/CS. "IF" your paperwork states a particular dealership that sold the car, it might not be the actual dealership that it was sold at.

Dealers; usually in the same local area "trade" cars all the time, and since, in some cases, the CS didn't sell well, some cars may be listed from one Ford dealer, but it was sold through another. Also, there are two or three Ford dealers owned by the same parent company.

I don't mean to undermine the Marti Report, because he works with what Ford provides. But after the dealership has bought the car (and it's on paper that way), anything could have happened.

IF you have paperwork with a specific dealer listed, and no reason (or evidence) to question that information, then go with it. I am just tossing a bit of reality with how dealers "deal" back and forth.

On another note--I think it's great that folks out there are looking for dealer plate frames for others' cars from outside the original area. Swap meets are a good place to find those 1968 vintage metal dealer frames.

Paul N.

68sunlitgold

Murf,
sorry I don't have taht dealer Number but mine is:

71C019 Cutter Ford Sales Inc North Hollywood

Maybe my car was owned by a movie star since it has the Hollywood connection. ;)

Doug

68gt390

Dealer # shown on my 68 GT 390 Coupe is: 71C030.

Burbank Motors
200 West Olive
Burbank, CA 91502

Dealer # shown on my 68 GT/CS is: 74J533.

Gearhart Ford Sales Company
1345 Auto Blvd
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Don

Andrew

Great thread!

I forgot about this plate frame until now. Any ideas how to clean them up a bit?

I checked my Marti report and this is the dealer that had taken delivery of the car.

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 17

nfrntau

The frame on my car says Castle Ford, Hollywood but my Marti Report says Coberly Ford, Los Angeles. Both out of business.
By the looks of the frame I would guess it was original for the car but I have no way to verify. :-\