• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 paint color White

planemove

Hi I have a white with black strips GT/CS J code I'm restoring to sell. I don’t care for the white so my question is to paint it another color or should I paint it white again? I hope I don’t offend any members with white cars. I restored and sold another member a Gulfstream Aqua GT/CS this summer that was a beautiful color

Thanks Bryan

dalorzo_f

As a "collectable" original color will work for some, especially a white is not as polarizing and some of the other colors.

As you are painting to flip it resale red is (unfortunately IMHO) popular. If its a fairly original car, then non-original paint will turn some off. No real categorical answer, a preference issue that will depend on the buyer.

If it doesn't "need" paint may just be better to sell as-is as new paint is a red flag to some.

Me, I'd stick with Wimbledon White. But I own one.. and am! :wink:

stangfan

If you are going to sell the car anyways, keep it the original colour. The fact that you don't care for it, doesn't mean the buyer won't. Also, a colour change will require a lot more work, as you will need to paint door jambs etc. I agree that if you don't absolutely need to paint, don't.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

I think white cars look great!

Attachments

• vbpgimage.jpg
    vbpgimage.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 47
  • vbpgimage2.jpg
    vbpgimage2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN0557 (1000x677).jpg
    DSCN0557 (1000x677).jpg
    200 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN3499 (1000x650).jpg
    DSCN3499 (1000x650).jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 3-Cars 2.jpg
    3-Cars 2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 2009 February Small.jpg
    2009 February Small.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

sam

I would keep it Whimbleton White if that is the original color. When I restored mine 16 years ago I had intended to go for black, but my friend encouraged me to go with the original color and I did. I get so many compliments on it; and you just don't see that many white Mustangs out there.

Good luck.
Sam

shane18fly

Arlie, One of those pics look vaguely familiar! I second that . White is still a striking color. My first GT/CS was WW with red stripes. That was THE car that got me hooked. shane:smile:

shane18fly

BTW, IF you are painting white and plan on red stripes I could be talked into buying to complete my circle. Hint, Hint...shane

OP
OP
P

planemove

Thank you for your input. I restored a gulfstream aqua GT/CS this summer and sold it to a great couple here in Washington State. I have this white one a black one and a red one left to restore

Shane did you want red interior with the red stripes

whodat

I also think a white GT/CS looks good with the Black Stripe.

rvrtrash

I'd keep it white as well. Mine is in Arlie's picture #3. White isn't my favorite color (although I now own 2 white mustangs), but wanted to paint it original color. Once it was done, I really liked it. I would also agree it's easier to stay original.

Steve

shane18fly

red interior looks awesome with this combo and as I recall, the same color combo with my original GT/CS in high school..shane