• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'07 GT/CS "May Not Happen" after all

P

PNewitt

I was told by a reliable source at Ford today, that the '07 GT/CS "may" or "probably" won't happen. This is not confirmed, but the people in the ordering and distribution pipeline are saying this (today).

I don't know why, or what will happen in the coming weeks, but this is what I was told today. I don't like spreading rumors, but this is a reliable source, and it makes all our speculation a "moot point" at the moment.

If this changes, I'll post it here.

Thanks for your input on this Mustang variant, anyway.

Paul N.

nfrntau

Even if it doesn't make it to market, it sure made for some good threads.
I think I have my wife sold on one too.

68gt390

PNewitt said:
I don't like spreading rumors, but ......
Paul N.

Hey Paul;
I'll start one then for us. How about they'll bring it out in 08 as a 40th anniversary edition for the GT/CS........... :grin:

Don

Mosesatm

Me too. Oh no, now we'll have to buy a car SHE likes. I just can't bear to drive a Soltice!!!

CJ 56

Hi Paul , I got my wife to agree to buy an 07-08 GT/CS to be imported to New Zealand, I have even started e-mailing with the dealer who sold my original CS as i would like to buy the new one from them. But........ if this does not happen for some reason by 08, what about this for a wild thought, the PN limited edition of 68 only factory custom ordered mustangs each fitted with a personally signed badge, and signed glove box along side Carrol Shelby.
There will only be 68 all will be manual fully loaded with a V8 tweeked by someone in the US that is well known for race motors and fitted with limited after market suspension modifications. They will only be order as orders a confirmed. Not sure what you would be able to call it GT/ California Sport.
An idea like this would make Ford think again about the car if they where going to not produce it.
But again I do not know the practicality of all this but it could be possable.

CJ 56 in New Zealand

Diesel Donna

Hahahaaaa CJ 56...right on!

I am for an anniversary 08 as well. I can't imagine why it should be an 07. :icon_no:

And by the way...does anyone want to buy me one? I'm not a wife so I guess I need to find a sugar daddy but they aren't in the yellow pages. :grin:

~~~~Donna

Mosesatm

I don't know. I'd be a little afraid of a woman who drives around in an ambulance.....but then I guess it's not as scary as a hearse!

Diesel Donna

Be afraid.........be veeeeerrrrrry afraid!

The only difference between a hearse and an ambulance is slow driving and a black paint job. :icon_dead

BroadwayBlue

As long as you have the better halves convinced to buy an 07. If they don't make them you'll have to convince them you need another 68 since by default that's what they agreed to. Did you actually mention the year in the agreement?

Or ... buy a 68 and tell them it really is an 07 and that Ford really went overboard on the retro thing. :grin:

Personally ... I'm not pushing my luck right now. :wink:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

BroadwayBlue said:
Or ... buy a 68 and tell them it really is an 07 and that Ford really went overboard on the retro thing. :grin:

(in a "Dr. Evil" voice: Yeeahh...Riiiooyyghht....)

As for DonnaSmarty, what scale would you like your GT/SD car? (GT/Sugar Daddy)

As for Hearses....whatever you do with Fords, your last ride will probably be in a Cadillac! AAHHH!!

Shelby Cars in Las Vegas does have a V-6, and something else for the "less than GT-500 market". We'll keep on this. Interesting side note: The Mustang "CE" (Calif Edition) of 400 cars is now sold out. I just sent pics to the May issue of Modified Mustangs. Expect these to be very collectible!

Paul N.

Mosesatm

PNewitt As for Hearses....whatever you do with Fords said:
Well, not to be argumentative, but I'm pretty sure that most new hearses (coaches) are Lincolns. Fewer parts fall off and they look better. Some of you traditionalists might be saddened to learn that most are now white or silver too. Black is considered a little too morbid, and hot.

Here's a link to a site that explains how and where to buy a used coach for anyone that might, for some reason, be interested.

http://members.aol.com/hearseq/4sale.htm

Diesel Donna

Mosesatm said:
Well, not to be argumentative, but I'm pretty sure that most new hearses (coaches) are Lincolns. Fewer parts fall off and they look better. Some of you traditionalists might be saddened to learn that most are now white or silver too. Black is considered a little too morbid, and hot.

Here's a link to a site that explains how and where to buy a used coach for anyone that might, for some reason, be interested.

http://members.aol.com/hearseq/4sale.htm

Hmmmm, I thought they were still mostly Cadillacs. And uh Arlie,....."Black is considered a little too morbid, and hot"? Hot for who??? :grin:

If anyone is interested in any kind of Professional Car. (hearse, ambulance, limo,flower cars, cop cars,taxi's)...check out the Professional Car Society website. I can't remember the name of the site right now... Grim Rides is pretty cool. I can't help it of I have a warped sense of humor. :ghostride :icon_twis I yam what I yam!

~~~~Donna

Mosesatm

Let me just say that being hot is not good in our business and leave it at that.

Mosesatm

Diesel Donna said:
Arlie, I just cannot CANNOT comment on that. Hahahaaaaa! :grin:

I leave you a wide open goal and you don't even take a shot?!!!

Diesel Donna

PNewitt said:
Too Late, Ms. HorseyPants.

:p

Okay now just WHO started this HorseyPants business....Paaauuulll? I happen to be proud to have HorseyPants, or HorseyPanties as the case may be!
You're just jealous Paul. :tongue:

~~~~Donna