• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Power steering hoses

copper

I have been trying to find the correct way to run the power steering hoses and which cjpony parts are the correct replacements

Ruppstang

I do not know what PS hoses that CJ Pony has but I have yet to see a aftermarket one that routs correctly with a loop that straps back to the shock tower like in the picture.

Attachments

• 2080-10-27 07.55.50.jpg
    2080-10-27 07.55.50.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
C

copper

what are the nearest hoses to original and where can they be bought parts are limited in Ontario Canada I have spent too much so far on this project and seem to be getting deeper in the crap because the car I bought was botched up

franklinair

Try NAPA's website. Give them make model, year, etc. They should come close to a working version, and can ship them to you.

Neil

OP
OP
C

copper

thanks Niel. Have you used them to see if thy have something close to original I'm beginning to find what i've done wrong and found brkts I didnot know were there
tony (copper)

Ruppstang

Try NAPA's website. Give them make model, year, etc. They should come close to a working version, and can ship them to you.

Neil

I agree with Neil the NAPA stuff should be dissent quality and should function properly, just won't have the correct appearance and routing.

OP
OP
C

copper

Neil Got a hose from Napa almost finished installing it a good fit but finding my hands too big for the tight spots hope this solves my problems let you know later
Tony (Copper)