• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

s code air cleaner question

Doug

What is the difference between a 1968 and 1969 air cleaner for a 390 S code. If anybody has photos and can post them it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

CougarCJ

A 1968 will have a round valve on the drivers side.
A 1969 will have a rectangular valve on the drivers side, it is also the same as 1969 Q code 428CJ, and I think Boss 302, non-shaker.

Magnum

OK, can someone please identify for me the correct air cleaner for a '68 "X" code engine? I posed this question on the VMF site and no one responded.

Thanks,

@Holmes

The 68 air cleaner is universal, it fits either a 2v or 4v. However, the 390 snorkel is longer than a SBF snorkel.

Magnum

The 68 air cleaner is universal, it fits either a 2v or 4v. However, the 390 snorkel is longer than a SBF snorkel.

Holmes -

Thanks very much for this information. Does anyone have any pictures or part numbers for the "X" air breather assembly?

Thanks!

CougarCJ

c8wftop.jpg

c8wfbottom.jpg

Typically the ink stamped part number would be on the bottom side. This one was a goof.

clubpro

Cougar,

You are the man when it comes to technical info. I for one am proud to have you as a part of this family!

Thanks for the knowledge you share. Hope to meet you at Galpin.

Cheers,

Ron