• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone going to Barrett-Jackson, AZ or Fabulous Fords?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Anyone going to the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ this weekend?

How about the Fabulous Fords Forever show in Buena Park, CA? It's on Sunday, April 18, 2004. They typically have around 2000 Fords there and Mustangs are by far the largest group.

Calspecialdreamer

Jon,
I am NOT going, but thinking about going to the 40th anniversary in Nashville later this year. Anyone else?

hookedtrout

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=775;start=0#msg4296 date=1074698709]
Anyone going to the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ this weekend?

How about the Fabulous Fords Forever show in Buena Park, CA? It's on Sunday, April 18, 2004. They typically have around 2000 Fords there and Mustangs are by far the largest group.
[/quote]

Watched it from the confines of my living room with a log on the fire as it is way cold outside here in Idaho. Some of those cars and trucks went pretty reasonable. The 56 F100 was a bit high, I had a 55 F100 with a tilt front end and a 5" chopped top but I sold it to put a down payment on my first house. Heck if I'd have sold it for as much as the 56 sold for last night I'd have paid for my first house.

Cory

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Most cars were a bit high. Really an amazing sight to see these guys throw money at these cars. :eek: I'm not complaining because it helps the value of our cars, but it's just insane to see the prices some of these cars were getting.

It was my first time there and a lot of fun, but way too many people. I couldn't really get a good look at the cars and certainly couldn't get any good pics. I added a few to the gallery anyway. No GT/CS or HCS cars I'm afraid.

http://www.californiaspecial.com/photogallery/album11

gtcsjcode

Im planning to go to the fabulous Fords forever show, went last year, had a blast. Hope some more Cal Specials go.

rvrtrash

Hey Jon, I'll probably be in Phoenix the first week of March. Any swap meets or such going on that you know of or any yards that I just have to hit up?
Steve

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=1;threadid=775;start=0#msg4381 date=1075102515]
Hey Jon, I'll probably be in Phoenix the first week of March. Any swap meets or such going on that you know of or any yards that I just have to hit up?
Steve
[/quote]

Only thing I know of in the first week of March is the Deer Valley High School Marching Band Car Show. I saw it on the Copper State Mustang Club web site, but I don't think it's a Ford only show. Not sure how big it is either.

Other than that there's a weekly car show every Sat night. It's not a huge show and I've never seen a GT/CS or HCS there, but it's fun anyway.

A bit later in the month the Copper State Mustang Club has their anual Spring Car show on March 20th. I'd like to get to that if I can. However, since my baby is due in March I'm not committing to anything at the moment. :)

rvrtrash

Oh well, I was hoping. Guess I'll have to go skydiving or something to entertain myself.
Steve