• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hoodlock

robert campbell

Joe,
Did this on a 67 coupe one time. The hole saw worked just fine with a long pilot bit on it to drill the underside. Funny how crude the orginals look! Have you noticed that? Again brings me to the fact that these cars were taken off the line into a "special" (no pun) outfitting room for the final stuff. Similar in nature to how a Shelby was assembled early on. The bottom hood pin holes are very crude. I have seen about 10 different GT/CS cars in my life and I inspect these holes on every one.

Rob

PS, Supercharger very soon. Cometic head gaskets. Hope you are still game for a carb and money trade?

P

PNewitt

Hi Joe,

I've got blueprints of that part..and a neat cross section of the retainer and hood and lock--all in place at once.

I've also got the Ford BP of the top of the hood, with the hole locations, and centerline spots for the holes that were drilled at the factory.

But...nothing for you right away..Sorry.

I could use some CAD drawings if anyone out there is willing to do some quick stuff for me.

Thanks!

Paul.

TheBlkPearl

Cad drawings

Paul,

I can create AutoCAD drawings for you, I have been in the drafting business for many years.

Let me know what you need or email me the info.

Merry Christmas -

Randy