• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Little Red tribute back from the paint shop (2nd time)

DAR1

I thought you might like to see a picture of the Little Red clone finally back from the paint shop after seven weeks! The trials and tribulations of building a car in one country and living in another.....The car was back in the shop because they forgot to fill the emblem holes on the fenders the first time around. It is finally ready for assembly. On another note, I am pretty sure the original had an original '67 GT500 steering wheel. Putting an original wheel in my car is financially not possible for me so I did something else. I bought a Nardi wheel and a GT500 horn button (lens and emblem) from Branda. Of course it did not fit right out of the box. The lens was a little larger than the center hole of the Nardi. A quick trip to the machine shop yielded a pretty nice wheel for a lot less money than the original.
Dan

Attachments

• lilredside1.jpg
    lilredside1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 75
  • lilredwheel.jpg
    lilredwheel.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 55

p51

Very cool! As the project progresses please keep us posted with description, pics, etc.

Mustanger

Very nice ... I'm sure it'll turn some heads once you get it on the road ...

Perkchiro

Way cool Dan! Be sure to take plenty of pics and keep a file log of all the costs. I might pick your brain and do one of these on a future project. It's lookin' good!

Steve in Missouri