• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Quarter panel replacement question

classicsguy

When replacing a full quarter on 1968 GT/CS should you get the one with or without the indented section for rear reflectors?

Thanks for input

franklinair

It depends on build date: earlier production '68's have the indentation for the reflectors, later production dates have no indentation, using the chrome bezel type.
Someone else will have to give you the definitive change-over date.

Neil

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

It depends on build date: earlier production '68's have the indentation for the reflectors, later production dates have no indentation, using the chrome bezel type.
Someone else will have to give you the definitive change-over date.

Neil

Thanks Neil: I saw in a Mustang catalog that the date was 2-15-68 but lets see if someone confirms it.

J.Bart

if you find full 68 rear quarters let me know, all that i have been able to find are 67's.
does anyone know if the brake scoops work with the 67 rear quarters?

limelyt

if you find full 68 rear quarters let me know, all that i have been able to find are 67's.
does anyone know if the brake scoops work with the 67 rear quarters?

we have done two cars now and we can not find a 68 quarter only 67. The difference is that the depth of the scoop area is shallower on a 67. So with a little sanding down of the scoop you can get a nice fit. Need to remove about 1/8" from the back of the scoop to 0" in the front.

We also have built a jig that produces the early 68 indent needed for the 68 reflector for the Bullet Car we are now building. No more hunting down a old 67 quarter and cutting out the rear reflector.

Gary

J.Bart

that stinks i don't want to sand down my side scoops
anyone tried to cutout and swap the scoop area from a 68?