• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ALUMINUM Radiator

davidathans

Im in the market for an aluminum radiator for my GTCS. I've found a company that sells them called Griffin. Griffin Aluminum radiators are sold through Mustang Plus on the internet. Specifically the one I am thinking of purchasing is a "clamp in" type with 2 rows of 1 1/4" cores. The width is 24". The outlet and the inlet are on the passenger side (this is how my existing radiator is). The salesman said this is their best radiator for my car and can cool 650HP.

I like to drive my car daily in the southern california heat and traffic. I am not using a thermostat, but a restrictor. My car has a 347 with aluminum heads, alum. intake manifold, and edlebrock alum. water pump. Im using a C4 Racing trans with 3500 stall converter and an external tranny cooler. The temperature guage will read about 180degreesF while driving around, but if i sit through 2 consecutive traffic stops on a really hot day, the guage will go up over 200degreesF.

My concerns:

1. Should I buy the "clamp in" type radiator?

2. Has anyone bought a Griffin aluminum radiator? Was it satisfactory?

3. Can someone recommend an equal/better aluminum radiator?

4. Is a 24" radiator bigger/smaller than stock?

5. Will this radiator cool my car better than a stock mustang radiator with 3 rows of cores?

ELECTRIC FAN

The salesman recommended a "SPAL" electric fan. The salesman said the dimensions were 16.3"x15.75"x3.39". This fan has 10 blades available in straight or curved.

My concerns:

1. Has anyone bought this brand of electric fan? Was it a quality product?

2. Any words of advice on electric fans?

3. Should I buy the straight or curved fan blade type?

4. Can someone recommend an equal/better electric fan?

Thank you all for taking the time to help me with this situation.
David Athans

390cs68rcode

I have a 20inch BeCool full setup from Summit in my 66 347 stroker with nitrous. 95 degress outside AC going and idling through traffic it stays at the hottest part of the normal range in the stock 66 gauge. What the exact temp is I have no idea. We do have the fan to stay running whenever the engine is running.

sooooooo I am sure the setup you suggested would work.