• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ronald McDonald House '68 GT/CS Raffle

Mosesatm

A friend just sent this to me.

I can't find anything about it on the Central Valley Ronald McDonald website.

Attachments

• Scan_Doc0013.jpg
    Scan_Doc0013.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

obwan93001

That is very cool, thanks for posting that! I just may have to purchase 1 ticket or 40. :grin: The RMH is a great charity so will go to a good cause, just hope that CS goes to my cause, 'cause I really like it. :smile: Anyone know who's CS that belongs or belonged to, anyone we know here by chance? Just curious.

Oscar

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I just sent an email to the official www.rmhc.org site inquiring if this is a legit raffle. I'll post back if they return my email.

DanTeets

It's legit guys. There are Ronald McDonald houses in every major market so they have to get creative with their website domain names. This is the 18th year the Central Valley house has had a car raffle. A couple years ago it was a '68 Shelby. The website is hard to navigate, but here is the "home" page:

ronald-mcdonaldhouse.org/home

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

No mention of the 2011 raffle anywhere on the site.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I got an email back from the main www.RMHC.org web site (Josephine Fazio) confirming the Central Valley Chapter contact info. I then spoke to Jill who confirmed the raffle is legit and she's going to email me some info.

I mentioned to Jill that people were a little wary because the web site on the flyer just had a single graphic and no links to the main site. She was actually surprised that the flyer had been posted already. They haven't officially launched the raffle yet and are still getting that part of the web site put together. If you look at the site now there's quite a bit more info then a few days ago, and it's still being worked on. http://www.ronald-mcdonaldhouse.org

So it sounds like Arlie has some really good connections that leaked out the story early! :wink:

I'll post more info as soon as Jill sends it to me.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Ohhh.... It's an X code. More info soon...

classicsguy

I will certainly be purchasing tickets for this raffle,I have always participated but given the fact that this year its a BIG BOCK GT/CS....more tickets will be bought. Love the color too!!

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It was in last week's issue of AutoWeek.

The car needs a few little things fixed (stripes, scoop screens, pedestals) but it certainly looks like some raffle tickets are in my future.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I wonder if its in the registry but maybe Jon will be able to confirm that.
VIN is 8R01X160352. It's not in the 1996 Registry and isn't in the online submissions that I collected for years here on the site. They didn't send me a scan of the Marti report, but quoted from it so I'm assuming they do indeed have a report and it verifies it's a CS.

Jill did send me an email with some basic info (same as on their site now) and some restoration progress photos. See below.

Once their web site is totally up and functional I'll post up in the main forum.

Attachments

• a 68 x code 038.jpg
    a 68 x code 038.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 66
  • a 68 x code 042.jpg
    a 68 x code 042.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0454.JPG
    DSCN0454.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0469.JPG
    DSCN0469.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 72
  • more X code GTCS 030.jpg
    more X code GTCS 030.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The website says that the appraised value is $70,455, and it may be the last California Special built.

These folks are really pushing it, or full of it.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The website says that the appraised value is $70,455, and it may be the last California Special built.
It's possible that statement about it being the last one is supposed to be in reference to the 6 that were made just like it (ie. the 1 of 6 they quote from the Marti report) So they may think it's the last of those 6 still around. Not sure how they would have possibly documented that though.

That VIN puts it's scheduled build date right about May 13 and the latest car in the '96 registry is July 31 (VIN ending in 172117).