• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 NOS Hood locks: Are they worth it?

classicsguy

Are the reproductions available on market ok or is it worth to get the Ford Originals? What are your opinions and why?
Thanks!

Midnight Special

I have cars with both, but because I drive them and don't compete in judged shows, the ones that have repros are fine, and few the wiser. When the day comes when I begin selling them, I will try to apply as many original-spec parts (to include proper alternators, carbs, etc..) as $$ permit to keep the desirability among collectors as high as possible. So, I guess it depends on what your personal preferences are. Like everyone - I try to collect and keep original parts to this end, but I don't always install them on driven cars where they can be subject to wear & tear or etc... for the present moment.

GT/CS S Code

Real or repro?

If you shop carefully you can probably buy a set of NOS hood locks for nearly the same price you'll pay for repros. I bought our new set in the Ford factory boxes for under $100.00, so they were a good deal. (I kept the old original pair in our spare parts of course ...)