• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Registry Question for my new book

P

PNewitt

I have to ask--and run an idea by all of the owners of the GT/CS and '68 HCS cars.

I would like to be able to provide the owners and readers of the new Registry that I'm doing some sort of list of VINs of the CS and HCS cars--that have been authenticated by Marti Autoworks' Ford data.

1. Would you want to see a column in the registry as a checkmark that it's been OK'd by Marti?

2. Would you want me to approach Kevin Marti, and see what he'd want to provide me a list of all 3800+ CS and HCS cars' vin numbers?

3. I send Marti a list of all the cars that I have, and let him go over them and say yes or no to each VIN?

Perhaps he could provide a simple "yes or no" to owners for a small price (which if it was "yes", owners would get the whole report?)

OR...

I just do the registry listing like I always have, and we list those cars OK'd by Marti from copies of the reports sent to me or Jon (webmaster)--on this website???

Does anyone know Kevin Marti well enough to ask him (not that I can't myself, but someone may have a lead on this anyway).

Let me know what you think. I'm about to put this book together (although it will take a while), and feedback is important right now. I'll be posting more soon.

Thanks,

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

390cs68rcode

Well he would lose business if you listed all of them all at once in your book. You would have to pay him a good amount for the business part to make sense from his side. I am all for listing all the CS's in your book by VIN.

What about some online way to check VIN's and you and or the webmaster of the site and Marti get some income from it?

Personally I think in this time and age the online way is the best and easiest for all involved.

68gt390

Paul;
I say keep it simple. In my GT 390 World Registery it lists only those cars authenticated by their owners with a Marti Report showing it was a true 390 GT optioned car (no transplanted engines etc.). I say put the burden on the owners. Anyone looking at the GT 390 World Registery Book knows all cars listed are verified GT 390's. I'm sure anyone who wanted their car listed showing it was authentic wouldn't mind getting a report and I would hope most of us already have them. OR If your going to list all claimed to be GT/CS & HCS cars break them out into two groups 1. Verified by Marti Report submitted by owner and 2. Non-Certified cars.

Don ;)

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Yes. I like that idea. Two lists.

I could do a mass mailing to the registry announcing the book coming out--and asking for people to authenticate it via Marti, and then send me a copy before it it printed.

I also like the internet way of doing it, too. That is more up to date, and accessable.

"IF" people do see that their car is "real" by a VIN OK'd by Marti, I would think that those owners would want to buy the full report.

I'll e-mail him and ask just what he and I can do about this.

But the bottom line is that the owner has to provide "burden of proof".

Thanks--you guys are quick!

Paul N.

68sunlitgold

Paul,
I asked Kevin about 2 years ago with that very question. I first asked him about doing like SAAC and listing all VIN # with those not known of will be listed as "missing". He was not real anxious about giving out all the numbers becuase of the chance to make clones by getting "lost" titles (there are companies taht will produce new titles for lost ones). I did mention to him about giving the list to you and he did say he could but without know what we wanted he could not quote me a price. There is a post in the archives somewhere about it.

But I do agree with Don that those that want to be listed in the "confirmed" section will no doubt send a Marti report to you.

Doug

rvrtrash

I also think the verified and unverified lists or columns is a good idea. As to the Marti questions, I just emailed him asking if he knew how many CS's went to Hawaii, as mine did and he wrote back saying he charges $80.00 an hour to research any info. Ouch! Needless to say, as far as I'm concerned it's just mine and the other two you have listed. By the way, a copy of my report went out to you Mon. You should have it by now.
Steve

Mustanglvr

My car was in the 1988 registry under the former owners name. Could mine have been a confirmed GT/CS back then?
Rhonda

19HCS68

Paul,

Do you need the car pic and info snail mailed or can I send electronic copies by e-mail?

Gary

nfrntau

I like the idea of stating if the car is confirmed or not. I'm not too hip on two different lists. I think it would be better to have just one list with a check box, statement or something indicating confirmed GT/CS's.
For those searching for a specific VIN number they would only be looking at one list. For those searching confirmed or not, same, all in one fell swoop.

case12

Here is my idea which is a grouping of the others:

1. Have the registry (book and online) only include Marti confirmed (or other documented evidence - window sticker, etc) to VIN. Have the owners provide the evidence.

2. For those vehicles already in the registry (book and current online), have Kevin run the VIN for the CS/HCS option. I would be willing to pitch in $ to help with this.

3. For the online registry (which would also require #1 above to be supplied after a certain date) - Have a way for users to request the online registry with their VIN to determine if they are in the registry. (seems like this is a commonly asked question - "Is the car in the registry?").

Casey

C160223

Hi
I have to agree with 68gt390 to keep it simple and correct. List only verfied GT/CS & HCS in the registry. Have current owners without Marti reports get verification before getting into the registry. Inform them via an artcile in Ford magazines, through Ford and Mustang club newsletters and post in different Ford forums.

hookedtrout

[quote author=C160223 link=board=1;threadid=1507;start=0#msg8965 date=1111857309]
Hi
I have to agree with 68gt390 to keep it simple and correct. List only verfied GT/CS & HCS in the registry.
[/quote]

I would have to dissagree, my car has been listed in every registry thus far. Personally I don't have a Marti report, I've known this car it's entire life, I know it's an authentic GT/CS why would I want to spend money on a report to tell me what I already know. If I had the intention to sell the car I may look at getting a Marti report for the buyers piece of mind.

If it means my car won't be in this listing so be it. But I think the Marti report is an unneccesary waste of money unless a buyer wants authentication for purchase and I have no intention of selling the car therefore I have no intention of getting a report to tell me something I already know. I'd rather spend the $'s on the car itself.

Hook

CJ

Paul as an orginial owner I have to go along with point #1 that you made. Have your two columns that show that particular VIN in question was either checked by Marti Works or not. I have my orginal documents when I purchased my GT/CS and if I was going to sell it and the buyer wanted to confirm it then he can pay the tab for the confirmation. I don't need Marti Works to tell me what I already no.

hookedtrout

[quote author=Claude link=board=1;threadid=1507;start=0#msg8968 date=1111859506]
Paul as an orginial owner I have to go along with point #1 that you made. Have your two columns that show that particular VIN in question was either checked by Marti Works or not. I have my orginal documents when I purchased my GT/CS and if I was going to sell it and the buyer wanted to confirm it then he can pay the tab for the confirmation. I don't need Marti Works to tell me what I already no.
[/quote]

Wow, glad there's two of us.

Hook

quicknick

I want to go on record as saying I like Casey's idea.
Lets make it as easy and convenient for Paul as we can since this is going to be a huge undertaking for him.
I would have no problem doing any of the leg work to prove my cars authenticity.(i.e. mailing or e mailing my documentation)
And I agree that all authentic cars in the regestry should be earmarked as such.

hookedtrout

[quote author=quicknick link=board=1;threadid=1507;start=0#msg8974 date=1111864122]

And I agree that all authentic cars in the regestry should be earmarked as such.
[/quote]

So I guess based on that comment I would have to ask what exactly makes a car authentic? If I don't have a Marti report does that make my car NOT AUTHENTIC? :eek: I think not. ::)

A better way to word it might be that all cars given the Marti touch should be earmarked as such. ;)

Hook

case12

The Marti Report doesnt have to be the only way to show authenticity for the registry. One could also provide Paul with a window sticker, or invoice or some other way to authenticate the vehicle. If none of those other things are available, the basic Marti report is only $17 - less than dinner for two at Applebees. Casey

68MustangHCS

My opinion is just one column with a check mark for a documented car and blank for cars that the owners have not provided any sort of documentation. If your the third or more owner, you may not know unless documentation came with the car. I'm the third owner of my car, the person I purchased the car from knows the car is authentic because he purchased it from the original owner. For piece of mind, I ordered the Marti report.

Mustanglvr

People can say anything they want about a car. I guess if you know the person well enough to trust them or you are the original owner and you know for yourself, than its ok. The Marti report does give piece of mind but could`nt someone easily duplicate one and put in the words California Special? ???

Rhonda

C160223

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1507;start=15#msg8985 date=1111878717]
The Marti Report doesnt have to be the only way to show authenticity for the registry. [/quote]

Exactly! In my last post, I wasn't implying that all cars in the registry should have a "Marti" report. If you can supply an original window sticker, build sheet or bill of sale, that's even better than a Marti report! With alot of vehicle scams and fakes(clones) around, I still think having "proof" of authenticity should be a requirement for the registry. Now, if you don't have the original Ford paperwork, the "proof" comes from a Marti report.