• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Added this clone...

Midnight Special

...to my roster today. 'Started out as a 67 stripped to bare metal & fitted w/ a new 302 4v, C4, front & rear suspention, radiator, complete interior & more... I put about 60 miles on it today while noting only a few minor tweaks & fix-its... You may have seen it on E-bay and the seller trailered it here from relatively nearby Redding CA.

It is immaculately clean and great running. I wanted a good clone with the aspiration of installing one of the 'Stroker' options and a 4-speed without molesting an original CS, but the power train in this one is solid and smooth for the time being so we'll enjoy it as-is for awhile :) A pristine resto-mod that gets good attention and has won awards! Tho he gave me all the receipts, I couldn't get him to give me the thophes ;-(

Attachments

• b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 48
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 55
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 49
  • b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 43

Mustanglvr

Good for you Tim for wanting to keep a GT/CS original by using a clone.

p51

Nice truck (background) as well. Restoration in its future?

still looking for one

Tim,

Good catch!! For a "clone" it looks awful sincere from here. And you can fix it up and play with it however you want, perfect for cruise nights, too.
This one has a VERY covetable color, too.

You can sell T shirts from the back seat, or park it with your others at the next show, and run a contest, "Can you find the clone?"

I also agree, it's wise move not to disturb an original CS....

PFSlim

Tim

Very nice clone. Cool color!! Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progess of making a fun car to drive!!

Paul

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

p51 said:
Nice truck (background) as well. Restoration in its future?

...The '51 Ford belongs to a friend of mine. His grandfather bought it new and it is completely original including paint, flat-head six... everything but the original wooden bed floor which was replaced w/ diamond plate to haul an occassional cow. Truly, it gets more attention as-is rather than restored or God forbid - hotrodded.

Attachments

• IM000490.JPG
    IM000490.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 20
  • IM000493.JPG
    IM000493.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IM000497.JPG
    IM000497.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 19

Mustanger

marie68csmustangs said:
Hey Tim,

Save some cars for me! I would like to have one one day and Can't if you keep buying them!.. Dang you.. Ha! Ha!

Marie

Marie,

It's okay, Tim bought a clone, now if we can keep him away from real GT/CS's, we'll be okay ... ;-)

marie68csmustangs

Mustanger said:
Marie,

It's okay, Tim bought a clone, now if we can keep him away from real GT/CS's, we'll be okay ... ;-)

Yeah, I know but, He's a friend of mine and He just might - you never know buy more GT/CS... Hope that He at least lets me drive one of them!

Marie

Mustanger

What Color is it???

Tim,

What color is that on your new car? I can see that it's freshly painted, but do you know the name of it ... is it a Ford color for '68? It does look nice ...

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...The paint is Acapulco Blue which is a Ford color. The previous owner who manages a body & paint shop said he had it produced special, so there may be a slight variation from standard. Looking at it out the window here - it also has a magnificent yellow aura "tinge" depending on the viewing angle.

Oh wait - Nevermind - It's just that damn pollen.....

marie68csmustangs

Midnight Special said:
...The paint is Acapulco Blue which is a Ford color. The previous owner who manages a body & paint shop said he had it produced special, so there may be a slight variation from standard. Looking at it out the window here - it also has a magnificent yellow aura "tinge" depending on the viewing angle.

Oh wait - Nevermind - It's just that damn pollen.....

Brought the car to work today.. Yeah, my dad's truck really looked good with a new coat of yellow (Pollen)...

Marie