• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 ECM computer? or what the heck is this?

BOSS3024ME

As some of you know my car came mostly together but somewhat apart.

I have been going through the boxes of parts and one thing I can't identify is something that looks like a ECM or computer module of some sort. It may or may not belong to this mustang as I have found a few items that do not .......

This is about the size of a radio has 2 rectangular plugs that are maybe 30 pins ech it also has what looks like a vacuum line coming out of it.

There are no ford or motorcraft designations which leads me to think it is not part of the car and maybe was a stray that ended up in one of the boxes.

I can't find any pugs that look like they fit either.

Any ideas?

CougarCJ

Unless we can get a picture, could be either a flux capacitor or possibly a continuum transfunctioner.

franklinair

ECM= Electronic Counter Measure
Used in the USAF to deflect rockets launched against aircraft. :eek:
(At least that's what I was taught @ Keesler AFB in 1957)

Neil :wink:

Midnight Special

Attachments

• rob.jpg
    rob.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 44

66hcs-conv

it's small world

ECM= Electronic Counter Measure
Used in the USAF to deflect rockets launched against aircraft. :eek:
(At least that's what I was taught @ Keesler AFB in 1957)

Neil :wink:

I was at Keesler in 1961 - going to ECM school. Spent the next 3 years at Forbes AFB, Topeka, Kansas, with 4 month's in England & 4 month's in Alsaka.

Dave

somethingspecial

I don't know anything about ECM or computers, but unless your car was engine upgraded to a newer 5.0, or has a fancy go fast stereo sound system, it sounds like you have an extra part thrown into one of your boxes. JMHO

68sunlitgold

Neil,
It is no longer called ECM and ECCM (electronic counter-counter measures) but now EA (electronic attack) and EP (electronic protection).

Doug

robert campbell

As some of you know my car came mostly together but somewhat apart.

I have been going through the boxes of parts and one thing I can't identify is something that looks like a ECM or computer module of some sort. It may or may not belong to this mustang as I have found a few items that do not .......

This is about the size of a radio has 2 rectangular plugs that are maybe 30 pins ech it also has what looks like a vacuum line coming out of it.

There are no ford or motorcraft designations which leads me to think it is not part of the car and maybe was a stray that ended up in one of the boxes.

I can't find any pugs that look like they fit either.

Any ideas?

Sounds to me like a newer "brain" for an electronic fuel injected 5.0 modern (well 1990's up) engine. Someone may have thought about converting the car to a late model roller 302.

Rob