• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Breaks 101

Mosesatm

Here's a question for all you mechanically inclined folks.

What happens when a properly working right side break adjuster is installed on the left side?

That's right; it eventually falls off!!!

J.Bart

hopefully in the garage before you go down the road?????
no serious incident i hope????

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Nope, no catastophe.

Kept hearing a sound like a loose hub cap, but I don't have hub caps, so I put the car up on stands and spun each wheel until I found the culprit. Took off the drum and there it was, laying in the drum. Put it back on and started adjusting it outward but I had to turn it against the ratchet to expand it???!!! That ain't right! Luckily I had a spare left side adjuster.

Another good reason to inspect them every year.

J.Bart

i pulled a drum on my pickup one time and found the socket i was missing for awhile.

Ruppstang

Nope, no catastophe.

Kept hearing a sound like a loose hub cap, but I don't have hub caps, so I put the car up on stands and spun each wheel until I found the culprit. Took off the drum and there it was, laying in the drum. Put it back on and started adjusting it outward but I had to turn it against the ratchet to expand it???!!! That ain't right! Luckily I had a spare left side adjuster.

Another good reason to inspect them every year.

I trust you pulled the rest of them and checked them?