• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Finding a heater box with air

my68cs

Does anybody know where I can find a heater box made for a/c cars? I've tried a lot of websites, searches, and other things but can't seem to find one.
I've seen heater boxes w/o air all over the place. I'm also wondering where I can find the plastic piece on the lower center console? I've seen them but not for the year 1968. Thanks

390cs68rcode

Mustanger said:
Jason,

I know you've had a Classic Auto Air system installed ... how do you like it? Any problems with it, or are you satisfied? I'm researching ac systems for my CS, thanks! ...

I am an A/C fanatic. I HIGHLY suggest this system. It blows out air at 30 degrees at the vent. No problems at all.

If I ever add AC to any Mustang in the future it will be with this system.

I also sent in the AC box (can't remember the name, behind the glovebox) for the 68 CJ and they restored it. It looks great.

mmarsalone

390cs68rcode said:
I also sent in the AC box (can't remember the name, behind the glovebox) for the 68 CJ and they restored it. It looks great.

Jason,

That's the evaporator box. It houses both the evaporator and heater cores.

CJ 56

Are you still looking for an A/C heaterbox, if you can not get one in the USA I have a spare in New Zealand ( there will be a freight issue thus I assume it will be lower cost to find one in the US)
Chris