• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 68 GTCS or HCS

klmore

I'm making my next resto a GTCS or an HCS. I'm not to concerned with options or color just a nice starting point as complete as possible. Of course I willing to pay more for a better optioned or cleaner car. I'm looking to start in the $2500 to $4000 range.

I own a collision repair facility and I would be willing to trade a high end paint job for a car if someone is interested. My shop has been in business for over 50 years and I could supply all necessary references.

Other wise I'm glad to have stumbled across this site and appreciate all help and opinions. :)

68gt390

I hate to say it but, for $2500.00 to $4000.00 your going to get a basket case. Car will be missing a lot of the original pieces. Your obviously looking for a project car? Good luck in your search, they are out there.

Don ;D ;D

OP
OP
K

klmore

Thanks Don.

Your right the starting budget is tight and I'm really looking at a basket case. I made a mistake when I sold my last show truck. I spent the proceeds on a new Marauder and home improvement not holding some back for a new project. On the positive side I now have the opportunity to save a GT/CS or HCS that may not have otherwise received a first class restoration.

I’ve been a Mustang/Ford fan since I was twelve and I’ve owned a few really nice coupes and a 74 Bronco. Recently I went on a Chevy kick in an effort to learn something new. I restored a 1950 sedan delivery and a 1972 SWB truck. While I enjoyed both vehicles neither had the appeal that my Fords had. I guess I’m just a Ford guy.

Last month a customer brought in a well-optioned 68 coupe that his uncle gave him when he passed away. It was purchased here at a local dealership and was garage kept for all of these years. It’s super clean, rust free, and it reminded me of why I first started in this hobby. I just like Mustangs.

So here I am getting back to what I know best. I’ll be patient and wait for a good candidate to come up for sale and save more money in the meantime.

Sorry for the long post.

68sunlitgold

Don,
I hope you find what you are looking for, I suggest looking on ebay (one sold for under 2K about a month ago although it was in poor condition). I will also keep my eys open for you.
Doug

68gt390

klmore;
I know exactly what you mean. Over the course of some 35 plus years, I've bought and restored at least 9 different Mustangs and either sold or wrecked them. I remember seeing my first GT/CS as a junior in high school out in California. I fell in love with it at first sight but, at that time didn't have squat to buy one. It was this past year I was able to finally obtain one. My girlfriend thought I was nuts to buy another Mustang since I already had my GT 390 coupe but, since getting the car and the comments on it from all kinds of folks she now understands why I wanted it. They are becoming a hot item here in the Ohio area. Since buying mine in Feb 04, I've seen at least 3 more pop up in Central Ohio. A local restoration shop has been trying to buy mine from me for several months to no avail. They just managed to purchase one from Illinois this past week and it is a beautiful car. I'm sure it will sell fast. Like Doug mentioned watch ebay they pop up there from time to time.

Don 8) 8)

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=klmore link=board=3;threadid=1109;start=0#msg6122 date=1096577932]
I'm making my next resto a GTCS or an HCS. I'm not to concerned with options or color just a nice starting point as complete as possible. Of course I willing to pay more for a better optioned or cleaner car. I'm looking to start in the $2500 to $4000 range.[/quote]

I'm trying to sell my '66 HCS. It's right in your dollar range too. You can see it at
http://tinyurl.com/5klg6

Price is fair for everything that comes with it and for the extreme rarity of this specific vehicle.

lane

Hey klmore
I live in so. Indiana and I have a 68 GT/CS project car that I need to sell.It is a 289 4-speed.It has a little rust but,is pretty solid thru out.It has been in my garage for about 8 years and need to get it out of my way.If you might be interested I can e-mail you some pictures.Let me know.

OP
OP
K

klmore

66 Dearborn HCS: That's a great deal, but I'm really looking for a 68. I'm sure some one is going to snatch up that 66 though.

Lane: I would like an email with pictures and vin numbers. Do you have a Marti Report on it? Please send to kdlarremore@charlesbodyshop.com.

Thanks

Magnum

68 GT/CS For Sale (Lane)

Lane -

I too would like to have more information on your car. I am located in North Carolina. Pictures and information would be greatly appreciated. davmcn@bellsouth.net

MUSTANGJANNY

Greetings...

MustangJanny here...I have a 1968 GT/CS California Special . Bought 7 years ago. Rebuilt motor, trans, new clutch, new front end suspension. 289, 4 speed. It is Nugget Gold w/ Nugget Gold interior. Replaced Standard Black GT stripes. Paint is oxidized, bumper rust, lower door panel rust. But not extensive. Needs new carpet..the bi....leaks when raining...installed removable cowl for hood vent. This car has a strong motor, it's dirty though. I bought this pony to restore but major back injury and new home purchase makes this project cost prohibited. ITS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, never been hit, straight body. Needs TLC.

If intrested contact: Janice @ JMBMTY@AOL.COM

OP
OP
K

klmore

Thanks, but I purchased Lane's GT/CS last month. I don't think you'll have a problem selling it. There are quite a few people looking.

Kelly

bcurtis

I have a real nice gt/cs for sale
if you are still looking for one e`mail me for details
Bill