• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Exhaust for GT/CS

dbeal

Hey all.. I will be putting in the engine and transmission in my car in early May. What is the correct style of exhaust system? Is it the transverse style of exhaust system (ala GT-350) or is it a straight back exhaust with the muffler(s) under the floorboard?

Darrell

68gt390

Darrell;
Depends on which motor you have. Unless it's an actual GT optioned car they used the streight back type exhaust with single muffler under the floorboard. All GT optioned cars use a duel exhaust with resonator's mounted under the floorboard section running back into a transverse mounted muffler. Most folks unless they are restoring to concourse run a duel set-up regardless if it's a GT optioned car or not usually with the mufflers mounted under the floorboards. Depends on what you actually want. Since my CS is not concourse I have opted to use Delta Flow 40 series mufflers mounted under the rear floorboards through 2.5" aluminum pipes. Hope this answered your question.

I tried to copy the different type set-ups out of my Ford Parts Manuel but, it's copy righted and won't allow me to copy individual pages. I would have to print the entire manual which consist of over 2,000 pages. Sorry.

Don :cool:

nfrntau

This attachment should help.

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 41

68gt390

nfrntau said:
This attachment should help.

That's the diagrams I was trying to copy but, for some reason it wouldn't let me copy them. Is your format on your parts manuel a pdf file on acrobat reader?

Don

68gt390

nfrntau said:
I have a book and just scanned the page to a jpg.

Thanks. I will eventually go ahead and print mine out. Would be nice to be able to copy pages from it but, when I checked the security settings they do not allow copies to be made. Nothing like paper conversation. :grin:

Don

nfrntau

Don,
I have found that for some of the protected pages you can copy them in the following manner. Usefull if you just want the info from a page or two.

Click your mouse in the middle of your page, use "cntrl a" to highlight everything, use "cntrl c" to copy the info and then paste using the "cntrl v" into a Microsoft Word page.

It's a little obscure but it generally works.
Bill

68gt390

nfrntau said:
Don,
I have found that for some of the protected pages you can copy them in the following manner. Usefull if you just want the info from a page or two.

Click your mouse in the middle of your page, use "cntrl a" to highlight everything, use "cntrl c" to copy the info and then paste using the "cntrl v" into a Microsoft Word page.

It's a little obscure but it generally works.
Bill

Bill;
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try and see what happens. That's got to be better than trying to copy over 2,000 pages.

Don