• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 Convertible with 11K Miles

Midnight Special

Wow! My neighbor had a '67 coupe like that w/ 4,600 original miles! An elder couple bought it, husband passed away after a year, widow never drove it.
It even smelled as new! 'Neighbor was a real estate agent who bought it from her when he sold her house...

case12

This is a really nice car, and lots to be learned from it if as advertised. Jeff S. should be interested in all the markings!

A couple of other things:

1. Is the window handle a "shorty" in the deluxe interior? - a recent topic.
2. This is likely a Dearborn car? I cant read the VIN or buck tag well enough.
3. The engine stickers show the emission sticker on the valve cover and the Autolite sticker on the air cleaner, but no "Front" sticker? My understanding is that the "Front" sticker was on cars other than San Jose?
4. Looks like the visor cover is still there.
5. Looks like it has been in NY all its life. (seller location, window sticker)
6. The driver door has a "repair" sticker on it from NY. Wonder what is up with that?
7. What is the numbered sticker on the front of the drivers valve cover?

So, here is my test question for everyone (and something I will learn from). On the picture with the buck tag, it shows taped overspray of the engine compartment black on the inner fender. Is that right? Was the engine compartment sprayed AFTER the fenders were installed?

I wish I could see some interior pictures and the trunk mat (another topic on the site).

Nice find Arlie.

Casey

GTCSMustang

This is a NJ car. Dearborn cars had the buck tag on the radiator support. Nice car.

Scott

gtcs1

The hubcaps on this car are the deluxe one. I saw another set of 68 deluxe caps but with black surround, as opposed to the silver on this car. The silver must be the correct one (being original) on that 11K car. What are these black ones? I'm looking for a proper set for my car, which had the deluxe hubcaps per my Marti and window sticker

Attachments

• hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 67
  • hub2.jpg
    hub2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 18