• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Fab Fords Forever 2009 - Who's going?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Maybe I missed the get together thread, but Fab Fords is coming up quickly. Who's going and has any kind of plan been set for dinner Sat night or something?

I'm flying out and have a family engagement Sat, but may be able to sneak away for a couple of hours that night.

miller511

Jon/CougarCJ,

We will be driving down for the show Saturday 4/18. Our dinner plans for Saturday haven't been set...yet. I'd certainly like to put more faces to names.

-Jeff

CougarCJ

Jon/CougarCJ,

We will be driving down for the show Saturday 4/18. Our dinner plans for Saturday haven't been set...yet. I'd certainly like to put more faces to names.

-Jeff

I should be available, my out of state friends have a conflict this year.

I live 30 minutes from Knott's.

CougarCJ

Jeff, I got your PM. Probably best to post so that maybe more folks can attend? My Cougar club normally meets at this restaurant.
Hof's Hut in Buena Park
7005 Knott Ave.
Buena Park 714-521-3928

Good food, ample parking.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Hof's Hut sounds fine to me. It looks like we'll be a small group if it's just the 3 of us + a spouse or two, so reservations probably won't be needed.

Should we just pick a time? Maybe 7:00? I'll PM you both w/ my cel number.

Marion, sorry to hear you can't make it. Will you be at the show, or can you not make it to that either?

CALIF GIRL

I have to work a double shift 0600-2200 so I wont even be able to drop by.

Bob G

Knotts ford show .

Hello bob G. Here.

Although I do not own at this time a GT/CS I will be bringing my
1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0. I would like to have dinner with the group
if we can hook up PM me if anyoneeles is intrested and I will give you a contact number to reach me at the show. I will be in class #45

Regards
Bob
Ford blood runs blue!

CougarCJ

Reservations made

OK, I made the reservations for Hof's Hut. Saturday evening 7pm in the enclosed patio. Table for 8.

Jeff, Jon, Bob G, and myself.

I have two in my party, Jeff has two, Jon said 1? Bob G 1 or 2.

Corner of Orangethorpe and Knott ave. 1 block north of the 91 freeway.

P

PNewitt

Sorry to say, I can't make it this year, due to the book. Last year was great!!

You might get to see that local GT/CS in "goth black" that's a street racer. Very nasty lookin'.

I'll miss not seeing everyone, and having a good time.

Perhaps someone can collect VINs not registered, and meet some new people.

Special hi to Donna, Ruben, Shawn, and Joe....and the Rings!! (who did I leave out?).

Have a great time!!!

Paul.

Bob G

Dinner at hofs hut Saturday 7:pM

I got your email. Thanks for making table reservations. If we can get a couple of booths That would be helpful, I have a bad back, but I will be OK.

I live less than 15 minutes away from the Orange County border. Is it Ok if I take my Wife Sharon? or is this aa guys night out? Just keep me from the deserts, I rather look at your great Fords. mine will be resting at home for Sunday. I will bring A picture.

Sincerely
Bob Geco

miller511

Thanks for doing this CougarCJ. We'll see you all Saturday night!!

OK, I made the reservations for Hof's Hut. Saturday evening 7pm in the enclosed patio. Table for 8.

Jeff, Jon, Bob G, and myself.

I have two in my party, Jeff has two, Jon said 1? Bob G 1 or 2.

Corner of Orangethorpe and Knott ave. 1 block north of the 91 freeway.

CougarCJ

I believe that Jeff Miller is bringing his wife.

I am only bringing a buddy of mine who is a GT/CS owner, and who is currently www .neverhadacomputer.

Donna had a conflict.:grin:

CougarCJ

I guess that we have all exchanged cell phone numbers.

I will be the 5'12" guy wearing a blue Cougar T-shirt.

Will need to scoop up Doug, but will arrive prior to 7pm. God willing and the creek don't rise.

franklinair

Wish I could join you all. I had a great time there last year.
I'm heading to FL tomorrow for the annual Sun-N-Fun airshow. I go every year to see what's new in the industry, and buy a LOT of items for our inventory.
Have a great time.

Neil

franklinair

Well, Bummer of Bummers. Had the SUV all packed & ready to go to FL for a week @ Sun-N-Fun airshow in Lakeland. (Had to forego Knotts, and the big Mustang soiree' in Birmingham, AL this weekend in order to go to FL). At 8:30AM the phone rings, and my daughter in VA informed me that her husband's dad just passed away in Richmond, VA. Cancelled my trip, unpacked the SUV (I also had loaded an aircraft engine in the back of the SUV to drop off at an engine o'haul shop in FL).
So now, we'll drive to Richmond on Monday, back home Wednesday, then Friday re-load the engine & drive to FL. Oh well, the best laid plans.....

Neil:cry:

Bob G

Anyone have plans to meet for lunch or dinner at the Knotts ford Show? I will be just a plain old spectator drulling over what I cann't afford. So prehaps a group of this forum can get together after the show and find a restraunt were you all can park safely and have dinner.
This Evening thanks to CougerCJ a small group of us meet in Beuna Park for dinner at Hofs hut. Very enjoyable evening. hope we can hook up again with more members of this forum for dinner after the show tomorrow. CougerCJ got my cell number.

I had a good time !!!
Bob Geco

miller511

Found this Maroon '69 Cougar with a 428 Cobra Jet at the Fab Fords Show last Sunday.

These two guys would not get out of my shot of the engine bay.

Seriously, great looking car CougarCJ!!

-Jeff

Attachments

• DSC_0122a.jpg
    DSC_0122a.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 26