• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hot time in Reno

tworings

Tworings arrived in Reno last Thursday, and one of the first things I found in our hotel parking lot was a dark green CS! I was so excited - turns out it is a forum member (Mike?) I think from the Bay area.

Friday we checked out the auction for a while, and saw the red CS that sold on Thursday for $32,500. I don't have any details, but it had a picture in the back seat from the May 2001 calendar. Also saw Rananim's CS waiting patiently for its turn up on the block on Sunday.

Talked to the artist Michael Irvine (we bought "Evolution of a Legend" last year since it has a yellow & black CS in it - just like MY car!) and checked out his new prints. "Big Blocks behind the Barn" was terrific - except of course that no CS's are in the picture (all fastbacks). I told Michael that the CS turns 40 next year, so I would be expecting a CS picture for the anniversary :grin:
http://michaelirvine.com/automotivefineart/index.htm

And if you're curious, we did not drive - we're on the waiting list. It's about a 2-3 year wait to get a car entered. ~ Lisa

Attachments

• Green GTCS.jpg
    Green GTCS.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 41
  • red 1.jpg
    red 1.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 36
  • red 2.jpg
    red 2.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 26
  • lime.jpg
    lime.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 34
  • BigBlocksBehindBarn_sn.jpg
    BigBlocksBehindBarn_sn.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Evolution-rgb-sn.jpg
    Evolution-rgb-sn.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 31

1968cal

Hello Lisa: the dark green cal. is mine, We chated a little in the parking lot.
We had a great time in Reno. Hope to see at the BBQ. Steve

OP
OP
T

tworings

Hello Lisa: the dark green cal. is mine, We chated a little in the parking lot.
We had a great time in Reno. Hope to see at the BBQ. Steve

Sorry Steve - I didn't remember getting your name, I just remember talking about our forum names! Wish we could be at the BBQ, but after Reno have to be at work now. :smile:

P

PNewitt

Whether "for sale" at auction, or for the Reno Hot August Nights, I really appreciate everyone taking the time and energy going up there in their CS.

I think we owe a lot of graditude to all of you that take your CS to public events. The exposure helps pass the word, and keeps this Mustang in the front of people's minds (as well as educate others about just what a CS is, and about it's heritage.

I APPRECIATE the effort to just keep it clean, not to mention the hard work of rebuilding and restoring your GT/CS!

I always think of those that make this effort--even those who go to the local Hamburger hangout for a Friday night event.

thank you!

Paul N.

1968cal

1968cal

Paul, I try and run my cal. around town as much as possible.
My next event is Cherries Jubile at Monterey Ca. Very big turnout of all types
cars. Thanks Steve.

Z28ZL1

Cherries Jubilee is a great event here. So many cars to see. The Poker Run event is a great cruise. Looking forward to seeing your car there. Right now
in Monterey, all you see is Lamborghini's and Ferrari's as they have a major
car show going on this weekend.