• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Front Seats

robert campbell

All,
I am thinking of an aftermarket or later model factory bucket seat of any kind to replace my front seats. I have 1969 High backs in our 1967 Fastback. They are nice, but I also want a reclining feature.

My brother-in-law got some aftermarket ones that I cannot remember the brand, but they sit to high. Also want to upholster the stock rear seat to match.

Anyone, got any experinece in this area?

Rob

joedls

I installed some Procar seats by Scat in my 68. I loved them. I took 2 trips to Grass Valley in that car. One with the regular Mustang seats and one with the Procar seats. It was night and day. The seats got a little torn in my accident, but I'm going to fix them up and re-use them. Another benefit to these seats is that they fit right in with my black upholstery. I didn't even change the rear seats.

nates68

Rob, procar seats are sold here in reno@ summit racing Black vinyl $321.00 Im also going to get a set for my 68. I checked them out they will look real good in our cars.

nates68

nates68

Joe, did you get the scat 1000 ellite? They look the best to me. Will they fit good if you have a rollbar?

Nate

joedls

Joe, did you get the scat 1000 ellite? They look the best to me. Will they fit good if you have a rollbar?

Nate

To tell you the truth, I couldn't say which model they are. I bought them at a swapmeet in Long Beach and I don't even remember exactly what they look like.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Nate

Nate,
I went to the website Joe provided. I cannot find a "scat 1000 elite" Are you on another site?

Rob

Mosesatm

The Elite is the 1100 series.
http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_Elite.asp

There is also a 1200 series that is the Elite seat with a lumbar adjustment.
http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_EliteLumbar.asp

If you want something that looks a little more like the '68 seats there is the Pro Series
http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_Pro90.asp,
and the Lowback Series
http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_Lowback.asp

Scat seems to be the name of the company that owns Procar because the web-site says, "Procar by Scat".

nates68

Rob, I also went to Summit web site They ship for free,seem to have the best price. Procar elite 1100 in vinyl, looks alot like our seats.

hope this helps.

Nate

nfrntau

Rob,
I recommend you check out the 2005-06 Mustang bucket seats. The six way power bracket will not fit but the seat will and it matches almost exactly to the original look. I have the 05 buckets in my GT/CS both front and rear. The rears will take a bit of fabricating to make brackets that will allow the seat to fit. For the fronts I made interim brackets out of 1x2" steel tubing. No flex and they work perfectly allowing the front rear adjustment etc. If your interested I can get you the measurements for the front adapter bracket. Your on your own for the rears if you go that route.
Also you can get aftermarket covers in a variety of colors.

Attachments

• Bills Mustang (1).JPG
    Bills Mustang (1).JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 56

nates68

Bill, where did you find the seats? Can you post the front adapter measurements.
I like the looks better than Procar.

Thanks, Nate

nfrntau

I'll look it up when I get home from work today and e-mail it to you guys.
Rob, yes they recline and they are very comfortable. I bought them on E-bay. If you keep an eye out they come up from time to time.