• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dealer Sales Code identification

murf104

Looking for help in obtaining the DEALER SALES CODE for Canoga Park Motors, located at 24520 Roscoe Ave., Canoga Park, CA . I have a car purchased there in Nov. of 65, before any CS cars would have been sold but am trying to cover all bases in this search. ANY information will be appreciated. If you have a car purchased from that dealership look at your warrenty card and ssee if the Dealer Sales Code is listed. This may show up on an Marti report, I am not sure and the car in question is a 66 and Marti does not have the information that far back. Thanks for your help.

carezcs

My CS was purchased from Canoga Park Motors and my Marti report shows a dealer # 71C088. It also shows a DSO item # 6241. Hope this helps.
Bruce

OP
OP
M

murf104

Bruce, you mentioned a DSO number? Are there only four numbers in that? Is it on your date plate as well. I am a bit confused about the DSO. Thank you so much for the Dealer Sales Identification number. Trying to make sense of the information needed for a temporary warranty card for a 66 and as you know there seem to be no records back that far. Thanks for your help. Does anyone know of a list of Dealer Sales Code numbers, or even a partial list, say one for a certain sales district?

CougarCJ

The 71 in 71C088 is the Ford DSO (District Sales Office) for Los Angeles.

Mercury used a different set of numbers for their DSO's.

DSO 52 on a Mercury is also Los Angeles.

OP
OP
M

murf104

Bruce, what month was your car sold? This discussion is currently going on with another forum and they are trying to figure out the meaning of the letter "c" and if it relates to a certain month.

CougarCJ

I have a couple of good friends that spend nearly a week at Kevin Marti's shop soon after he received the multiple pallets of the Lois Eminger reports.

I know that documenting many of the Mercury dealer codes, names, locations, etc was one of their projects.

I will shoot off an email to see if he or they found a key or a way to break the codes.

CougarCJ

Got a response

Scott --

I believe the letter designators are either based on population base, or on some other market measure (potential buyers, etc.) You'll notice that the A's for instance are all large metro area dealers.

Jim.

carezcs

My car was built Feb 09 1968 one day late. Don't know how the "C" relates to this dateThis was one of the very first ones built but it wasn't sold until Jan 03 1969. Would like to find out where it was for 11 months!
Bruce