• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood Pins.

usakiwi1

Hi....I'm new to the site :D. I bought an abused GT/CS on ebay last June in need of major restoration & missing quite a lot of trim pieces. I've managed to procure several items through valuable info gathered from this site & its members, ebay & swapmeets.

One of my predicaments is.... the hood has the chrome tab??? with hole in it for pinning the hood on each side. I know Mach 1 mustangs had their hoods pinned as did some others but someone told me that the GT/CS had a screw on type affair rather than the pin. Is anyone able to shed any light on this for me & if so....where I might find these items, please. Thanx.....Steve.

Talan423

yes, the gt/cs did use a twist type hood pin. i got mine from tony branda cobranda.com , 1-800-458-3477. the complete set cost me about $75. includes the hood plates, retainers and springs. ask them to send you one of their catalogs, they have quite a few items for the gt/cs. they'll probably have some of your other missing parts as well. i just looked in my mustangs unlimited catalog and they want $100 for the pair of hood locks.

good luck!
tom

OP
OP
U

usakiwi1

:) Thanx for the info guys.....I new I could rely on you all! I'm glad I asked as I probably would have had pins welded on instead. The link to the photos was invaluable!
As for Tony Branda, I have used them a couple of items in the past but find them as a whole a bit more expensive than some of the other retailers. However, as you say they do stock most GT/CS parts.
Thanx again.......Steve.

Talan423

branda's web site is not really all that "user friendly" in my opinion. if i were you i would get one of their catalogs, it's much more helpful.

rjw

To say that Branda's website was not "user friendly" is an understatement! I finally gave up on the website and just called them for the information that I needed.

Sarge

All,

Is it possible that we could get a listing on the site of what vendor has what rare "NOS" or reproduction parts? It seems like everyone knows someone, and I think this would be a perfect place to post those for us who are less knowledgedable. ???

StraightSix

Good idea... it could be added to the "PARTS LIST" page, since that page pretty much does everything but list where to get the stuff.

-Winston