• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Big Block Heater Blower Heat Shield

Mosesatm

Saw an ad on ebay about a car that might have originally been a big block car. The seller came to this conclusion because there is a heat shield over the heater blower motor. This is a new one on me.

To all you lucky big block owners; do big block cars, and only big block cars, have heat shields in front of the heater blower motors?

P

PNewitt

Yep that's it. I got one on my CS. My car didn't have A/C, either.

It's a bracket looking thing, with like a finger that bends from the engine side, around the front of the heater motor. It shares the same three bolt spots as how the heater motor is attached.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=GTCSMustang link=board=1;threadid=1661;start=0#msg10229 date=1115519343]
I think that's right. Big block with no air.
[/quote]

If I had to bet on someone being right it would be Scott.

P

PNewitt

No, no no, don't go there, Steve....I don't claim to know everything...gosh no. I yearn for new information all the time.

Nothing to do with you--I was just responding to JB's comment.

No biggie, just threw me off for a second.

Paul.

390cs68rcode

Paul

My comment above about betting on Scott (GTCSMustang) and his knowledge was only that I know Scott knows his stuff and was not meant to compare him to you (or anyone else).