• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Joe's build thread

joedls

I'm going to use this thread to chronicle the resurrection of my 68. Hopefully I will complete it this year.

This is a pic of how it sits now. The pic quality isn't very good, but my painter said he'll send me some more tonight.

ae74a2f2.jpg

More to come............

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Joe,
Did the quarter panel buckle from the front end impact or was it old damage?

robert campbell

Joe,
Did your side scoops survive? I have two original Ford ones. Joe, for you, I have 75 bucks in them off fleabay.

Rob

robert campbell

Joe,
Slow but sure!!! Back to white again? It is looking awesome! Especially when you remember what the front used to look like!

68 Shelby hood will give you a bit more clearance? I almost went that way, but the cowl hood I got gave me another inch or so over the Shelby one.

Rob

rvrtrash

It'll be good to see it all back together and running again.

Steve (Dad)

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Joe,
Slow but sure!!! Back to white again? It is looking awesome! Especially when you remember what the front used to look like!

68 Shelby hood will give you a bit more clearance? I almost went that way, but the cowl hood I got gave me another inch or so over the Shelby one.

Rob

Yes, sticking with white. I'm kinda fond of the Wimbledon White, even though the original color was Sunlit Gold. I'm hoping Arlie won't have spasms about the paint since the color was changed already when I bought it.

I believe I'm going back to the same hood and scoop I had before.

It'll be good to see it all back together and running again.

Steve (Dad)

Thanks, Dad!! I can't wait either.