• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

10 Spoke wheels

rjw

Here is a picture of my new 10 spoke wheels I put on last week. I installed the last two about midnight Friday for our show on Saturday. I received many compliments on them at the show.
Richard

Attachments

• Copy_of_Picture_003.jpg
    Copy_of_Picture_003.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Here is a second picture from the show on Saturday. Two cars to my left is another California Special that joined our club last month. A nice red on red car; he picked it up last year.
Richard

Attachments

• Copy_of_Picture_002.jpg
    Copy_of_Picture_002.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 12

RacingFan

:eek: Richard, those wheels look awesome! Beware that my wife will be looking for you to blame when I get mine put on! WOW! Great job!

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

I bought them from Tony Branda while in Nashville. They are repros...but they look pretty good to me. Saw three sets of "originals" for sale in Nashville. They were priced from $1400 (pitted and no centers or lug nuts) to $2300 (nicely restored set - again no centers or lug nuts.)
Richard

Jayscal

Are those 15 inch wheels, how wide are they and what size rubber do you have on them? They look great.

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

They are 15 x 7 reproductions. The tires came off of my '99 V-6 convertible (which I had replaced with another set of wheels/tires.) The tires I mounted are Goodyear Eagle GA tires, size P205 65R15. I took them off with about 15K miles on them, so there is a lot of tread left. Now I am wondering if I will have a need for the styled steel wheels...
Richard

P

PNewitt

Those 10-spokes look pretty awesome!! I thought I was looking at the Green Hornet at a glance there!!

I want to say how proud I am of you guys who take your cars to shows, and represent the history and excitement of the GT/CS!! Every owner, I'm sure is just as proud to see their marque of Mustang represented at these shows across the country.

To take your GT/CS (HCS) to a car show is no easy feat--it's difficult and it takes a lot of time to get the car ready, drive it there, registration, costs, rooms, etc...

...and of course, telling the GT/CS story over and over to "uneducated" Mustang enthusiasts at these shows...(i.e. "No, it's not a custom Mustang"....)

Many thanks to all of you who are out there showing your GT/CS and HCS!!! It is greatly appreciated!!!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

DAR1

Guys,
I am shopping for 10 spokes for my 'Little Red' project. I have found that Vintage Wheels in California sells a set of four (repros of course) with lug nuts and center caps for $799. I also looked at Branda but they were more like $1000. Vintage's URL is http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/index.html
Has anybody had any experience buying these wheels from Vintage?
Dan

RacingFan

I dont' know, but the scuttlebutt was that the Branda replica followed more closely the original Shelby wheel in such things as placement of the valve stem hole on the outer portion of the wheel, rather than the inside. I would call Branda about it, they can probably explain it better than I. If thats the case, then I would say that its your money, if you feel the originality is worth the extra couple hundred dollars, go with Branda. I have also had friends that bought the Vintage wheels product and have had no problems with the company! Hope this helps.

darb

I was flipping through a Mustangs Plus catalog today and the 10 Spoke Vintage 50's are 273.95 each at 16 x 8 and 205.00 eachg at 15 x 7 - so a little under 1200 for the set. They are of course repro's, but they're actually really nice quality, not made by Branda rather Vintage Wheel Works.

Might want to check it out if you are really interested in a less expensive 10 spoke.

Brad