• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear View Mirror

zozobra

I recently bought sight unseen (from a person at the office's Dad out of state) a California Special. It was represented as 90% restored and is really mostly there, although there is still much to do. I noticed right off the interior rear view mirror is missing. Since it is an out of state car I need to have it inspected during registration and I believe the rear view mirror is an essential part of the car. I have ordered all of the necesssary parts but I don't know how far down from the top of the windshield to glue the mirror attaching hardware. Any help on how far dow I should place it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure I will be asking a lot more questions. An example for later is why would all the lights be dim, but that's another hill to climb.

PFSlim

My rear view mirror is mounted just below the tinted part of the windshield. It is a new windshield and the glass guy installed the mirror. He didn't do any measurements, just put the mirror up there and stuck it on.

Paul

Attachments

• Stang481.JPG
    Stang481.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 18

Mosesatm

Another option, if you aren't concerned about true authenticity, is to use the '67 mirror. It screws into the windshield header.

68gt390

Speaking of the rear view mirror, I didn't have one in my CS when I bought it and replaced it with a repro black one. My interior is red so car should have a red mirror. What's funny is no one has ever noticed the mirror is a different color than the rest of my interior. :cool:

Don

390cs68rcode

68gt390 said:
Speaking of the rear view mirror, I didn't have one in my CS when I bought it and replaced it with a repro black one. My interior is red so car should have a red mirror. What's funny is no one has ever noticed the mirror is a different color than the rest of my interior. :cool:

Don

I could see how it would be one of things that could be black even though you have a red interior (dash bezels that are black in non deluxe cars, E brake handles and even gas/brkae/clutch pedals). Seems like rear views blend into car instead of sticking out like a shifter handle.