• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Dyno numbers!

davidathans

I dynoed the mustang today and it put up some big numbers for a small block.
Im on page 5 of the gallery under David Athans and on my 8th page in my gallery i posted the dyno graph and airfuel and some pictures.
It put 347RWHP to the ground at about 6300rpm. The air fuel was 13.4 at 6300rpm so it was runnin a little lean. i guess i need to jet bigger. The 347RWHP is up from 335RWHP. The modifications since are: Aluminum Radiator, C4 trans, Rear Baer Disc Brakes, Hurst Line Lock, Vacuum brake pump, bigger jets 69/72.

hcsstang

My son put a blower in a 02 Cobra mustang and he was tuning it up on the dyno and at the rear wheels had 600 HP. The person that he put it in for said that it wasn't fast enough but he doesn't know how to drive it. He shifts to quick. He also put one in a 05 GT but it wasn't as fast as the 02 Cobra.

joedls

davidathans said:
I dynoed the mustang today and it put up some big numbers for a small block.
Im on page 5 of the gallery under David Athans and on my 8th page in my gallery i posted the dyno graph and airfuel and some pictures.
It put 347RWHP to the ground at about 6300rpm. The air fuel was 13.4 at 6300rpm so it was runnin a little lean. i guess i need to jet bigger. The 347RWHP is up from 335RWHP. The modifications since are: Aluminum Radiator, C4 trans, Rear Baer Disc Brakes, Hurst Line Lock, Vacuum brake pump, bigger jets 69/72.

Awesome:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Hey JOe,
I couldnt help but notice that your signature mentions a restomod with a 347 stroker with a 5 speed...first i want to say..i really wish i could have put a 5 speed on my 347...i bet you can drive that thing on the freeway like its nothin and get like 10mpg huh? well just curious...have you done a chassis dyno on your 347? Are you using a mechanical secondary carburetor? 750? how big is your cam...what rpm does it make its peak hp at?

joedls

I really like the T5 with the 3.70 rearend gears. Haven't done a chassis dyno yet, but it peaked at 419 HP @ 5900 RPM and 437 lb-ft of torque @ 3800 RPM on the engine dyno. Of course that was on open headers and no accesories. I'm running an Edelbrock 600 carb. The cam is a custom grind :496/. 520 inch lift, 224/234 degree duration @ .050.

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

very interesting...419HP@5900RPM and 437lb-ft of torque @3800rpm...i really wish i could have engine dynoed my car. My cam is a little bigger than the one your running...its .544 intake .560 exhaust with 232@.05 intake and 242@.05 exhaust hydraulic roller.

When you do a chassis dyno of your car please post a thread...im really curious to see if you put as much to wheels if not more than my gtcs.

What heads? valve sizes? intake runner volume? What intake manifold are you using? Do you remember what your Air/fuel ratio was on the engine dyno?

joedls

Aluminum Dart Pro1 cyl. heads (2.02/1.60 valves, 195cc runners, aluminum air gap design intake manifold, don't remember air/fuel ratio, but I'll look it up when I get to my office tomorrow.

I doubt if my car is getting more RWHP than yours. When you take into account that they usually run racing fuel, open exhaust, no accesories, and more timing that you can run on the street, I'd guess 335 - 345 RWHP.

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Well your heads have 10 more cc's of intake runner volume than my heads...and im using a performer rpm aluminum edlebrock manifold..when your using an air gap type manifold ( i'd guess your manifold would make more power than mine) and you've got a 5 speed and im runnin a c4 with a ford 9 inch...i would love to find out what your RWHP is. Ya if you could find out what your air/fuel ratio was on that dyno pull it would be great...thanks Joe

joedls

Here are a couple of pics of the car.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010052.JPG
    P1010052.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 16

68gt390

Joe;
Very sharp looking car. I really like the tail section with the lights and GT exhaust valance - really sets it off nicely. How long did it take you to complete the project?

Don

joedls

68gt390 said:
Joe;
Very sharp looking car. I really like the tail section with the lights and GT exhaust valance - really sets it off nicely. How long did it take you to complete the project?

Don

Thanks, Don. The project took me about a year. BTW, I hope you won Round #3 in the Autogeek contest. I know I voted for you almost everyday. Now you can vote for this car in Round #4.:grin: :grin:

Joe

Last edited: