• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Trunk Mat

Mosesatm

Is this the correct trunk mat for '68 California, and High Country, Specials?

Attachments

• aDSCN0042.jpg
    aDSCN0042.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 71

Powell

Arlie, It is my understanding that the cs's had the Plaid trunk mats.

Russ

Arlie, I'm sure your mat is correct. It is called "Burtex" and it was used in 1968 Mustangs produced at the Milpitas plant. Plaid mats are available as well, but I don't think they are correct for your car. Hope this helps. Russ

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Now those are two guys who would know!

Actually, that's a photo from when I inspected Doug's car. I only ask because Jason, Bill, and I were engaged in another lively debate about trunk mats the other day, and we couldn't agree.

I won't say who was right.:wink:

Ruppstang

Both plaid and splatter are correct on GT-CS and HCS. As said above the correct material was burtex. The plaid mats should have stitched corners. I think the plaid were more commonly used. Other models used only the splatter Marty MCA 38812

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Both plaid and splatter are correct on GT-CS and HCS. As said above the correct material was burtex. The plaid mats should have stitched corners. I think the plaid were more commonly used. Other models used only the splatter Marty MCA 38812

Aw, you mean a can't gloat any more?

J_Speegle

As mentioned it appears (think we discussed this a while back if you use the search feature) that all three types of mats may have been installed at San Jose but the plaid was by far the most common IMHO. The other usage would have been done in groups (specific time periods) so the next logical question is:

Mosesatm when was your car finished at San Jose?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

As mentioned it appears (think we discussed this a while back if you use the search feature) that all three types of mats may have been installed at San Jose but the plaid was by far the most common IMHO. The other usage would have been done in groups (specific time periods) so the next logical question is:

That photo isn't of my car. I just used it as reference.

I'm not really concerned about my car being correct. I was just asking because Bill, Jason, and I were looking at an X-code GT/CS a couple weeks ago and the issue of the trunk mat came up.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The car was at a show in Houston but I think the owner trailered it down from Navasota. He also owns a '70 Twister.

390cs68rcode

This is my understanding (plaid being the most popular).