• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Deluxe Interior AC Controls

Mosesatm

A part I have not been able to find from the Mustang parts vendors is the woodgrain for the AC controls so I made my own using the passenger-side piece from a normal non-AC vinyl woodgrain kit.

The takes a lot of patience and a few sharp razor blades but it's not all that difficult. Just press on the vinyl and carefully cut around the openings.

Attachments

• Deluxe AC Controls.jpg
    Deluxe AC Controls.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 123

franklinair

Is it a hang-down (under the dash) or in-dash (factory)? I have, in the past installed the factory unit from a donor car. It's doable.

Neil

aemoo28

The big ugly thing (ac) hangs down over the passenger foot area. It's super ugly and I wonder why it can't be covered. I'll get a pic AS SOON AS I GET THE STUPID CAR.

390cs68rcode

The big ugly thing (ac) hangs down over the passenger foot area. It's super ugly and I wonder why it can't be covered. I'll get a pic AS SOON AS I GET THE STUPID CAR.

I guess for the time they didn't care for ergonomics like they do today.

I had the A/C condensor thing/unit restored by some company for my 68 Cobrajet and I can say this........it still looks the same but sure costs a stupid amount to have restored and it still doesn't get as cold as the AC in the CS!

franklinair

Amy-
are the air outlets in the dash, or does the air (cold, I hope) come out of the "super ugly" unit over the passenger's foot area?

Neil