• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2006 Calendar - Get your photos in! - Deadline Sept 26

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to all of you last years calendar was a great success. The quality of cars submitted was amazing! So let's do it again, but this year I'm starting a little earlier. :)

OK, this is the official call for entries for the 2006 Calendar. Please start gathering your best photos and submit them no later than Monday Sept 26, 2005.

Then we'll all vote and the top 12 will be used. If you were in the calendar last year you're welcome to submit again, but not the same photo. Also, submit a couple shots if you aren't sure which is best, but I'll only be able to use one for the final voting.

If your photos are digital email me at 1968gtcs@gmail.com (has more space than my normal email) If you have prints you need me to scan then mail them to me at:

Jon Hanna
P.O. Box 16775
Phoenix, AZ 85011-6775

OK, here's the catch.. Photos have to be a minimum size to be able to print cleanly on a full size calendar. If it's a digital image it needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum (obviously bigger is better). Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better digital camera will work. Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

For those that missed it last year, here's a shot of how it turned out:
http://californiaspecial.com/images/2005_Calendar_Preview.jpg

Thanks in advance for all the great photos I expect to get! :)

PFSlim

Re:2006 Calendar - Get your photos in!

My brother's (PB gtcs) AC Cobra is in the cobra country link attached from Admin. I am the bad example of how not to take a good picture.

Paul

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator

I know we still have a couple of weeks, but at the moment we only have 5 entries. If you plan on sending in photos please let me know or post here so I can determine if the calender will even go forward this year.

Thanks!

390cs68rcode

I will be taking photos within the next week or so. I will get you some photos of both of my cars before the deadline.

68gt390

Jon;
Should have photo's to you by they 18th of Sept.

Thanks

Don 8)

Jayscal

My 2.0 MP only takes 1600 X 1200, Am I out of luck Jon?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator

1600x1200 should work.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=2059;start=0#msg14395 date=1126614619]
Can you use the photo of my HCS that is listed under just testing hcsstang?
[/quote]
I'll need a higher resolution version. That one is only 640x480

rvrtrash

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=2059;start=0#msg14266 date=1126190636]
I know we still have a couple of weeks, but at the moment we only have 5 entries. If you plan on sending in photos please let me know or post here so I can determine if the calender will even go forward this year.

Thanks!
[/quote]

I'll try and borrow a decent camera and send you a couple of pics to choose from, hopefully this weekend if it isn't raining.
Steve

PFSlim

Jon

How is the best way to get pictures to you? I think the higher resolution photo's will be to big to email. How is everyone else sending them??

Lastly, is the 28th THE cutoff date??

Paul

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator

My email address can handle at least a 10 MB file, so don't worry about file size. Send the largest you have.

If I go too much past the 28th I run into problems getting things put together early enough for the holidays. I might be able to go a day or two later, but would prefer not to if I can help it.

rvrtrash

Did you get mine ok Jon?
Steve

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator

Here are the photos I have so far. If you're not on the list, but sent a photo please contact me ASAP.

Bill Martin
Casey
Michael Marsalone
Mike Wang
David Athans
terry ree
Gary Martin
J. Wieder
n.id.steve
Don Potter
PFSlim
keith Kober
Cory Goulding
Bob Walker
icecreamman
Randy Howell
Mark Niksic
hcsstang
jbsteven
Stefan Thorarensen

68gt390

Jon;
Sent in 1 photo 9/17/05. I have submitted a 2nd one tonight. I'll let you decide which one to use. Please advise when you receive them.

Thanks

Don 8)