• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Your thoughts on the new California Special book/registry

obwan93001

With people starting to get their copies I thought it'd be cool to start a thread where your thoughts of the new GT/CS book/registry could shared. Please start sharing folks, I can't wait to get my copy and I'm sure others are chompin' at the bit to hear about it too! :icon_ecst

Thanks!

Oscar

TraveledGTCS

Per Pauls entry in the SAAC Cal Spec forum, he will be mailing them out around April 14th (today) and with the normal mail delivery time for books being mailed, us Washingtonians should be receiving our copies later next week. (I've ordered books from southern California and that's about how long it takes.) Anyway we know they're done and will be receiving them by the end of the month.....just in time to show them off at various shows and events.

Bill

Mike M

I am a little late to the game. Where can I order a copy of the new book?

Thanks,

Mike

68 special

It's been a LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG wait. what's another week. I'm looking forward to it coming. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Bret

J_Speegle

Receive two copies of the book yesterday. Have not gone through it completely as of yet.

J.Bart

got my two today, there's alot in there,
days of reading.
it was worth the wait, and the money.
this will further the world of the California Special

CougarCJ

Can someone tell us what is included in the DVD?

I haven't gotten my book yet, just wondering what is all included in the DVD.

nates68

pauls book

Got mine today,no dvd. The one thing that was wrong was the 302 j code,
It showed it as a 302 4v but if you read the whole thing its for a 2bbl.
lists it as 9:1 comp.It should be a 4bbl 10:1 comp. 230hp.I belive this to be true.
I also was sad my car picture didnt make it in the book. But it is a great book,paul did a fine job.Happy i own one.

nates68:icon_pani

DLedin

Can someone tell us what is included in the DVD?

I haven't gotten my book yet, just wondering what is all included in the DVD.
The DVD will not be with the books. In a book update that was mailed out (Dated March 21, 2011) Paul states:

"The DVD will be sent out at a later date, and was offered only for early reservations (as were pins). It will no longer be included with the new book sales."

As to the contents, I thought I'd read somewhere that there'd be shots of cars from shows. Perhaps there will be a vintage GT/CS commercial or two in there as well. Don't know for sure.

-DLedin

J.Bart

paul also mention getting approval from ford for the dvd
so the dvd could have anything and everything in it.

OP
OP
obwan93001

obwan93001

:icon_ecst Finally got my, well, mine and dad's, books in yesterday's mail. I'm impressed and very happy w/the way they turned out. I've only had a little over an hour to check it out so will get into it more and more in the coming days but it was definately worth the wait for me. It's amazing how much info was culled and put into the book even for such a limited variation of the Mustang. I've seen books just about the Mustang itself that didn't have as much info to share w/it's readers.

Oscar

Ruppstang

I came home for lunch today to see a book hanging on the mail box. I got all excited to get in to it then I found it to be a book on quilting. Bummer oh well Tari will be happy to night. Marty

J.Bart

I came home for lunch today to see a book hanging on the mail box. I got all excited to get in to it then I found it to be a book on quilting. Bummer oh well Tari will be happy to night. Marty

that is a cruel circumstance,
and a quilting book at that!