• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Most Famous GT/CS coming up for sale.

P

PNewitt

Yes. I'm going to sell my GT/CS.
It will go up for sale in August, 2008. This is just a head's up for folks on this site.

I will be mailing fliers to everyone in the Registry in late July with the details.

390-4-speed--type car. Original Maroon paint. This is the cover car for the 1989 book (that inspired the late model GT/CS), and will be featured in the new book. It is THE premiere GT/CS in the Registry, owned since April 1974 by myself, the GT/CS Registrar. This is the CS that inspired the GT/CS Registry and book.

This will be offered to serious buyers only, for a premium price.

thank you,
Paul M. Newitt

Attachments

• pmncs.jpg
    pmncs.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 139

6t8-390gt

Paul,
I hope this decision is being made because it is time to move on, and not to finance the book project. Good luck with the sale.

Danny

hufbeats

Paul: this is of interest & I would appreciate the details when you are ready to send them out. I'm probably not on your registry as I don't now own a 68 but I am looking
Thanks
Peter

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Of course, this is a very hard decision, and in some ways, I feel like I'm selling off part of myself. My CS has been "everywhere twice", including long trips to BC Canada, (photo is it on a BC Ferry to Vancouver in 1985) and up the backside of the Sierra Nevada on Hiway 395.

I don't have the place to tear her down and go through her properly. If I did, then there's no place to park her without concern. I've had 35 years with her, and I jokingly call it my "first marriage"...LOL....

It's partly for $$ for the book, but I'm developing a new business, and the money will help, that too. I can't keep her, and I need to move on after the book is out.

But, I really appreciate your concern, because it shows just how much you love your own GT/CS.

Let's hope that she gets a good new owner.

Paul N.

Attachments

• csferry.jpg
    csferry.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 120

sam

Gee, I hope you win the lottery so you can fund your new venture. That car is part of you................and I hate to see you go separate ways. I know this would be a tough and difficult decision for me.

Sam

Rohan

Paul, I would be interested in your car when you decide it is for sale. I've been looking for a rare GT/CS for sometime. Can you please contact me when you're ready. REgards, Rohan

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I certainly appreciate all the interest in my GT/CS. Yes, it will be a very difficult decision to let go of something I've had for over 34 years.

I'll be sure to contact all interested parties when I compile the car's information late in July.

Thank you, too for all your kind thoughts about me and my car. And yes, it's been a very long and memorable ride.

Paul N.

Duker

50th birthday present

Paul, I am surprised by your decision and I know the decision wasn't an easy one sir. I am considering selling my "Royal Maroon" up here in Canada. I have only owned her for just about year :embarass: I received some news about my health that leaves me with many very difficult decisions in the future. My 16 year old son would prefer I keep the car. I think he has some plans for it when he gets his licence next month:cool:

I truly believe the 68 Mustang GT/CS is truly one of the most beautiful vehicles ever produced. We are all very fortunate to own such a unique automobile. My opinion :wink:

Mustanglvr

I truly believe the 68 Mustang GT/CS is truly one of the most beautiful vehicles ever produced. We are all very fortunate to own such a unique automobile. My opinion :wink:

I agree wholeheartedly with you on that one Duker.

I would like to convey my best wishes for you and your family at this difficult time in your lives.
Anything you need, just ask. If I can help in anyway, I will.:smile:

gunter

Paul-Let's talk!

Paul, just e-mail me about your car.
I bought aother last week in Houston.
Thanks,
glenn
Dallas, TX.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'll be posting more about my CS in a few days, with the Marti report.

Here are some highlights:
8RO1S156904
65A, B, 2A, 16D, 72, 7, 5
Build date: 4/16/68

"Sister car" to Mike Jewell's 390-4-spd. MCA Gold Award GT/CS. Sold at same Ford dealership in Sacto, CA., same time frame.

GT-390 4-speed car. one of 111 built like this...probably one of 40-50 left.
450K miles. No rust (NO major rust, some surface rust, minor). VERY, very clean, extremely well cared for car. I have all paperwork--34 years worth.

Would make excellent restoration project.

Original Maroon paint.
Original tinted glass, including the windshield (except for the driver's door glass)
Black std. interior. Center console, I have a 4-speed console.
GT chrome wheels with GT caps.
no A/C
Orig. Tilt Wheel
P/B, Disc, P/S
Original dash pad
Original In-dash Tach
Original fiberglass (all)
Original taillights
Never wrecked
Lucas Fogs
Extra decklid, Lucas parts, etc..

Has ('65) 289, C-4 and 8" rear in car now, I have the (not orig) 390 block, heads, intake, air cleaner, smog parts...and bellhousing.
The rebuilt 289 has a 1967 Shelby "Cobra" alum intake on it, with 600 Holley, with oval air cleaner, and orig. type '67 Cobra valve covers.

More to follow...

Pricing will be in the area of a similar condition '68 Shelby, due to it's notoriety as the Registrar's/Author's GT/CS.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

Pricing will be in the area of a similar condition '68 Shelby, due to it's notoriety as the Registrar's/Author's GT/CS.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, Paul your car is not worth that to me.