• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Barret-Jackson

whodat

1968 California Special and a custom 1968 "X" code going across the block today on Barrett-Jackson Palm Springs.

tomcwarren

X-code just went for $25K. It was non-stock (390-2V changed to a 3x2, custom interior, paint, etc.). Still, only 53 'X' codes produced in 1968, so it was pretty rare (and could be returned to stock - that might have gotten a better price).

Tom

Note: X-code was lot #353, just went thru, so I expect lot #386.2 (the GT/CS) to go thru mid-afternoon. Hopefully they won't be doing a commercial or walk-around-BJ story at the time it goes thru.

Fingers crossed,

Tom

JohnnyQuest515

I thought it was a GT/CS. I have one the GT/CS X codes and my Marti says 476 total production for all mustangs.

Randy

Last edited:

tomcwarren

Well, crap. TV coverage just ended, with just a few cars to go before the GT/CS! :rolleyes:

I wanted to see what the 'experts' had to say about the CS. Oh, well.

I'll check the online info and post the price later.

RedGTvert

The red GT/CS went for $30,800!

That should help some of the people trying to sell right now. Wish I coulda seen it on TV, though. :sad:

Here's the page if you're interested:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=386.2&aid=323&pop=0

Tom

The $30,800 includes the 10% buyers premium. I wouldn't get too worked up about the price. The sales this weekend were extremely flat and in most cases, way down.

I don't see this as anything other than a blip on the radar and won't cause the prices of the GT/CS to be helped any.

jamess26

Well, crap. TV coverage just ended, with just a few cars to go before the GT/CS! :rolleyes:

I wanted to see what the 'experts' had to say about the CS. Oh, well.

I'll check the online info and post the price later.

hello,
you said right. i will check it on TV.