• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Accent Stripe

Ruppstang

Tim McKenzie posted a thread that had a picture of his family's GT-CS. I noticed it had a paint accent stripe as well as the GT-CS striping. On our Marti report we have paint accent stripe listed and I have a early picture of the car that shows part of it. Does anyone have one on there car or have it listed on their Marti report? I would like to see a picture of your car if you have it. Thanks Marty MCA38812

hcsstang

When I was restoring my HCS ,the window wasn't a ford windshield. Paul Newitt informed me that the windshield is different than a 68 windshield???? I don;t know if he was pulling my leg or not. I replaced it with standard 68 window.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

When I was restoring my HCS ,the window wasn't a ford windshield. Paul Newitt informed me that the windshield is different than a 68 windshield???? I don;t know if he was pulling my leg or not. I replaced it with standard 68 window.

I certainly am not a expert on GT-CS and HCS, but I do not believe that Ford would have done anything differently on the windshild. It should be white script Carlite. Does anyone know differently? Marty

tomcwarren

'Accent Paint Stripe' was a fairly common option in '68 - you should be able to find some pics on the Interwebs of 68 coupes w/the stripe, or even in the numerous Mustang coffee table books @ B&N, Borders, etc.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

I realize that it was a fairly common option in 68 but I have not seen it with the GT-CS striping. I am trying to decide whether or not to put it back on.