• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN CALL FOR PHOTOS! -Submit your pics for the 2011 CS Calendar! - Deadline Sept 29, 2010

admin

Staff member
Administrator
--> Here's the official call for entries for the 2011 California Special Calendar. <--

Please start gathering your best photos and submit them no later than Wednesday Sept 29, 2010. We've been doing this for a few years now and it's always a big success. I'm looking forward to another great one this year! :grin:

We'll all vote on the photos and the top 12 will be used. They'll be on sale in time to get them for Xmas gifts. If you've been in previous calendars you can submit again, but not the same or similar photo. You can submit up to 3 shots if you need help deciding, but I'll only be able to use one for the final voting. Also, if you're one of those fortunate enough to have more than one Special, please only submit one. (or maybe a group shot?)

To submit your pics email me at cs.comcalendar@gmail.com (has more space than my normal email)

OK, here's the catch... Your photo has to be a minimum size in order to print clearly on a full size calendar. It needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum (obviously bigger is better). Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better digital camera will work (if set at it's highest resolution). Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

Thanks in advance for all the great photos I expect to get! :)

For those that don't have one hanging on your wall from last year, here's a shot of how it turned out:

2010_CS_preview.jpg

The 2009 CS calendar - http://californiaspecial.com/images/2009_CS_preview.jpg
The 2008 CS calendar - http://californiaspecial.com/images/2008_CS_preview.jpg
The 2007 CS calendar - http://californiaspecial.com/images/2007_CS_preview.jpg

Mosesatm

Jon,
My camera takes photos at a 1.33 ratio but 1800 x 1200 is 1.5.

Do you want a particular width to height ratio?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The final calendar pages are 11"x8.25" so 1.33 is about right. Whatever ratio your camera takes will be just fine. The resolution is more critical than the ratio. The higher the resolution the more flexibility I have to crop and zoom as needed to fit the page.

davidathans

unfortunately my car still is not ready...that's two years in a row...hopefully next year its a huge burnout picture or a picture picking the front wheels up off the ground!
Regardless, i'm buying one! This calendar has always been a great idea Jon!

Doug

Jon - will these work? Doug

Attachments

• CIMG0559.jpg
    CIMG0559.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 38
  • CIMG0561.jpg
    CIMG0561.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 39
  • CIMG0538.JPG
    CIMG0538.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 32

ponyboy

Hey Jon.. I sent you a 3 pics from my cell phone, hope you received them. Thanks for all you do with this website! Richie

GT/CS S Code

Just under the wire!

We got this year's photo off to Jon just under the wire. Not quite as spectacular as we had originally planned for, but there is still next year's submission to plan for!
:wink:

Attachments

• Retouched Calender Photo lighter copy 2 for email.jpg
    Retouched Calender Photo lighter copy 2 for email.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 47