• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Your Book is Complete Buy Now!!!

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Well it's 3:45 PM Mt. St. Time and I see according to Fed Ex tracking that my large book is sitting on the front porch. Guess my turn to get a peek has arrived, I just need to get my butt out of work and head home now. The two small ones will be there tomorrow.

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Cory

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Well, like the rest of you so far I'm happy with the results.

Turned out all right!

Cory

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Heck we could sure try and print some dust jackets out? That's a great idea. I'll see what I can put together once the books get here and I know what size I need. I think my printer only prints 11 wide or what ever a normal piece of paper is. Worth a try.

I play around and around and see where I end up..

Cory

I have scanned in both inside dust jacket flaps. I have them as a JPEG file and anyone that would like me to email them to them can email me with a request and I'll send them both to you and you can try and make a dust jacket or book marks or what ever you would like to do with them. If you can print out large enough sizes to make a complete dust jacket you could put your own car pictures on the cover and back and make it into what ever you would like.

email me at gtcs@fairpoint.net if you would like me to send them to you.

I want to say everyone has just been awesome in the wonderful responses to the book and I thank you all for your wonderful comments, I appreciate them all and I'm overwhelmed with the wonderful response and I'm just dang glad it's met or exceeded everyone's expectations.

Mosesatm

I ordered 3 books, one is coming from Washington State and 2 are coming from St. Louis MO? No idea why unless they have two print shops and one does one type and the other does a different type. I would guess that is the difference in shipping. Hopefully you took advantage of the free ship coupon. I paid shipping on all 3 of mine. Individually. :-O Ordered them all at different times?? Oh well, still can't wait till they get here, all 3.

Cory

That's interesting because my big books are coming out of the Syacuse NY area. I wonder if they have hundreds of work-at-home people, all over the country, printing books.

They've made it to Hutchins, Texas, wherever that is.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

That's interesting because my big books are coming out of the Syacuse NY area. I wonder if they have hundreds of work-at-home people, all over the country, printing books.

They've made it to Hutchins, Texas, wherever that is.

Where ever they come from I will say this, the small books are awesome but the big books are wow!! You can see details in the backgrounds that I never even noticed with the pictures on the pc while I was working with them.

Cory

68gt390

Cory;
Just ordered my copies - yes I ordered both a large and small. Just couldn't resist. Besides, my son will want a copy I'm sure. Thanks again for all your work on this project. Now the waiting begins.

Don :icon_ecst

PonyGal

Now I really can't wait to get my books!!! When I ordered them they gave me a shipping date of 9/4, now it says that the shipping date will be 9/8 :-(

My guess is that, because there are so many of them being ordered, they have a backlog in printing, so the shipping is taking longer than originally quoted. Both books are still on the "best sellers' list!!

68 GTCS

I just got my 4 books today, 2 small and 2 large. They are friggin amazing. I am so pleased with the way they turned out, the members did a good job sending in photos of the California Specials in all stages of restoration. This is truly a book of real life CALIFORNIA SPECIALS & HIGH COUNTRY SPECIALS AND THERE DEDICATED OWNERS! ----And Cory, Thanks again!

Kevin (68 GTCS) :icon_ecst

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I just got my 4 books today, 2 small and 2 large. They are friggin amazing. I am so pleased with the way they turned out, the members did a good job sending in photos of the California Specials in all stages of restoration. This is truly a book of real life CALIFORNIA SPECIALS & HIGH COUNTRY SPECIALS AND THERE DEDICATED OWNERS! ----And Cory, Thanks again!

Kevin (68 GTCS) :icon_ecst

You're welcome!!

TheBlkPearl

ooh noo

ooh noo - my book has been delivered to my house and I am at work. My girlfriend called and said it was awsome.......I might have to sneak away from work early..shhhh

68 GTCS

ooh noo - my book has been delivered to my house and I am at work. My girlfriend called and said it was awsome.......I might have to sneak away from work early..shhhh

The book comes wrapped in a plastic cover----thats like her opening "YOUR" Chrismas Gifts. Thats just wrong! :scared: :icon_no:

Kevin

GT/CS S Code

We've had a busy week or so, but I finally ordered 2 copies of the book tonight (both a large and a small version). Can't wait to see them ...
Thanks again Cory for all of your hard work on our behalf!
:smile:
It would be interesting to know just how many copies are being sold in total? I wonder how many are being sold to the general public rather than just to the forum members? Is there any way to find out the number of books that have been sold?

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

You can tell, there is a metric on my Blurb page. Here is last month and there are 17 sold so far this month for a total of 48, no way to tell who, you can tell if they are large or small. You can also see how many hits the book gets by people viewing the web page, the first month was over 800 and it wasn't made available until the 24th or 25th if I remember right.

View: 08/01/2009 to 08/31/2009

Date Book Book Type Qty Profit
25 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life SM Softcover 1 US $0.00
24 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life SM Softcover 1 US $0.00
24 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life LG ImageWrap 1 US $0.00
24 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life SM Hardcover 1 US $0.00
23 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life SM Softcover 1 US $0.00
23 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life LG ImageWrap 1 US $0.00
23 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life SM ImageWrap 1 US $0.00
23 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life SM ImageWrap 2 US $0.00
23 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life LG ImageWrap 2 US $0.00
22 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life LG ImageWrap 1 US $0.00
22 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life LG ImageWrap 4 US $0.00
22 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life LG Hardcover 1 US $0.00
22 Aug 09 A California Special Way of Life SM ImageWrap 1 US $0.00
Totals: 31 US $0.00
AccountAccount Info Address Book Profile Orders Metrics Sales Price Tracking Payment and Tax Info

Last edited:

TheBlkPearl

she will pay

The book comes wrapped in a plastic cover----thats like her opening "YOUR" Chrismas Gifts. Thats just wrong! :scared: :icon_no:

Kevin

Oh she will pay for that indiscretion - but she could not wait to see her daughter in the book so I will go easy on her..........

Northern Pony

I ordered mine last week and got a ship date of 04/09/09 out of Washington. Then I thought holly crap if this doesn't come before the 8th I'm in trouble. I could foresee it sitting on the door step for a month while we are in Europe. Today it is North of the 49th and heading our way, so I will get a peak before we go.
Earlier I thanked Cory in a PM, publically I have to say thank you very much for the incredible job you have done for what was a lot of aquaitances you only knew from glimpses on the web site. Now I can call you a friend and I'm sure you have gained at least 53 new found friends. Our third amigo is very happy we squeezed him in the book.
Thanks again
BoB

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I ordered mine last week and got a ship date of 04/09/09 out of Washington. Then I thought holly crap if this doesn't come before the 8th I'm in trouble. I could foresee it sitting on the door step for a month while we are in Europe. Today it is North of the 49th and heading our way, so I will get a peak before we go.
Earlier I thanked Cory in a PM, publically I have to say thank you very much for the incredible job you have done for what was a lot of aquaitances you only knew from glimpses on the web site. Now I can call you a friend and I'm sure you have gained at least 53 new found friends. Our third amigo is very happy we squeezed him in the book.
Thanks again
BoB

You're Welcome Bob, and I certainly feel like I have friends all over the world.

My life has been impacted immensly by the internet, not sure if I've told this story before but a big part of my life is Fly Fishing hence the "Hookedtrout" username. Through a fly fishing web site that I started to help me learn more about fly fishing and fly tying I started to make friends similar to what I have done through this web site that Jon created. Well unlike in the car world where I live far removed from all the car shows and the bulk of the car enthusiats I do live on one of the best fly fishing rivers in the world so after I had built up a sence of fellowship with several of the members of my fly fishing club I started to invite a few of them to come out and spend some time with me fly fishing. Some of which had life time dreams to fish the Henry's Fork and I've since fulfilled their dreams time and time again, in fact I have 3 showing up next Friday for a week. Over a period of a few years I had several members take me up on my offer. Some I met once on their way through the area and a small handfull are now very close friends that come every year for 1-2 weeks and they fly in or drive in and stay in my RV out back and we fish and golf our butts off every summer for the time that they are here. The internet forum world has played a big part in shaping my little world and I certainly have friends all over the US and and I'm gaining a few around the world.

di81977

Cory,

Lets set up a California Special fly fishing visit. I am always up for fly fishing and golfing my butt off! Great river you live on, how is the golf?

david

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Cory,

Lets set up a California Special fly fishing visit. I am always up for fly fishing and golfing my butt off! Great river you live on, how is the golf?

david

That's a loaded question, my golf sucks but I have a lot of fun, the golf courses are great and there are a lot of them around. I don't think we have any world class golf courses but they are cheap in comparison to big city golf courses. Anywhere from $10 for 9 holes to $30 for 18 holes, lots of water on some of the courses, not much sand.

As for fishing, I have a drift boat and all the rivers you could ever want within throwing distance, Henry's Fork, Teton, South Fork of the Snake and a multitude of other small rivers.

Bring it on!!

Cory