• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Repro grille ready to install ?

felviner

Does anyone know if there is available to buy a ready modified grille or no one does that . If not any suggestions where to buy a good repro 67 grille

Thanks Eric

OP
OP
felviner

felviner

I think my question didn't come out the right way
I am looking for a ready modified repro grille for the 68 GT/CS
We were told there is someone who makes them but no idea who it is or if its true .

Mosesatm

Even though the fog lights are pedestal mounted there should be brackets attached to the grille so if you're looking for a correct grille you'll need to attach the brackets to a '67 grille or have someone do the work for you.

Somethingspecial (Mike) was going to build and sell correct grilles but I don't know where he is on that project.

If you don't want to install the brackets any '67 grille from any Mustang parts vendor will work but if you remove the braces from a '67 grille and don't add the fog light brackets the grille will be weak.

Vendors are R&R Classics, NPD (National Parts Depot), Mustangs Unlimited, Mustangs Plus, etc.

Attachments

• Grille 2.jpg
    Grille 2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Bracket and Light.jpg
    Bracket and Light.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

somethingspecial

Somethingspecial (Mike) was going to build and sell correct grilles but I don't know where he is on that project.

Like so many of my projects I have been working on, this one is on hold until my foot injury allows me to continue. I have to perfect the fog light brackets before I can offer any grilles for sale. I was hoping to have some for the June show. Eric, If you can wait, I will put you on the list. I have several folks ahead of you.

Eric, Does your grille have the fog light brackets already? Why do you have to replace the grille? Can you take a picture of your grille and send it to me?

OP
OP
felviner

felviner

Mike
I don't really have to replace it yet its not in the best of conditions but it does the job ,but in the future I want to do a restoration so I want to statr collecting as many parts as I can, when I'm back home I'l send you some pics cos at the moment I am at work in Brazil & I go home at the end of the month .
Eric.

joedls

Like so many of my projects I have been working on, this one is on hold until my foot injury allows me to continue. I have to perfect the fog light brackets before I can offer any grilles for sale. I was hoping to have some for the June show. Eric, If you can wait, I will put you on the list. I have several folks ahead of you.

Eric, Does your grille have the fog light brackets already? Why do you have to replace the grille? Can you take a picture of your grille and send it to me?

How does one get on said list?

somethingspecial

Lists, So many to choose from.

Depends on what list you want to be on Joe. LOL. I'll put you on my list. Do you still have your brackets?

Mosesatm

What is the proper color for the top grille bolts? Are either of the ones shown in these photos correct?

Are these the correct bolts?

Thanks

Attachments

• Black Bolts.jpg
    Black Bolts.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Silver Bolts.jpg
    Silver Bolts.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 131

whodat

I can't believe nobody ever recreated those brackets. I bet a good sheetmetal person could make these.

franklinair

Right or wrong, I used the silver cad plated bolts. I like the contrast.
If I had a sample Marchal bracket, I'd sure like to try & duplicate.

Neil

somethingspecial

I can't believe nobody ever recreated those brackets. I bet a good sheetmetal person could make these.

Delta Bay Mustang makes the brackets and I have used them exclusively in the past. I just don't like the price, so I ventured to make them myself. Slow process for me though. If you need a pair, I highly recommend them, great product.

http://www.deltabaymustang.com/high.htm

g scott

I gave up looking for light brackets for my GTCS so I made my own. It took me a day to make a template and both brackets. Painted them the next. I used pics from the book and this site to figure the size and bends. Used a pan brake box and a press with a large bearing for the dimple. Also made a grill out of a 67 by cutting out the holes for the bracket to pop through. I'm thankfull for the Lucas light help from Mr. Moses and Mr. Teets for the correct mounting hardware. Now the front looks complete! I'm trying to load pics but can't because of my illiterate computer skills. lol