• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 2010 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals June 4-6

2010 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals Attendance

• I will be attending with my 2007+ GT/CS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending with my 1966-1967 HCS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BroadwayBlue

Hi Everyone!

It's that time of year again, probably a little later than usual, to start thinking about the 3rd GT/CS get together at Carlisle during the All-Ford Nationals.

Carlisle has posted the 2010 Showfield Classes and I'm happy to report there will be classes for the GT/CS and HCS again! I wasn't sure based on the low 68 turnout last year if we would retain a class, but I'm happy to report we will.

The class numbers will be:

236 1968 MUSTANG GT/CS & HCS
237 2007 & UP MUSTANG GT/CS (ALL)

If you are registering for the show and do not have a club to specify enter "CaliforniaSpecial.com" as your club affiliation.

We probably won't get enough registering as cs.com but if we get 25 cars pre-registered by May 18th, we qualify for a free 20x20 tent for the weekend. This is where the "CaliforniaSpecial.com" as the club on the registration form comes in. This is how they will tell how many cars are qualifying toward the 25.

I know some people register with their other car club names so they qualify for a tent. That's fully understandable. If someone is coming that is going to be in a different non-GT/CS class and has no other club affiliation, they can enter "CaliforniaSpecial.com" as well and make use of the tent.

I'm planning on bringing my 10x10 as always and everyone is welcome to stop by and get out of the sun for awhile. Hopefully we won't need it to get out of the rain!

New for this year is a Gate-N-Go registration option.

Gate-N-Go: Your Green Light to Blow the Gate
Don’t forget, to save time, money and hassle, you must pre-register before May 3rd, 2010. By doing so, we’ll mail you your entry window sticker and all the information you need to know once you’re parked, like where to get your goody bag, dash card, etc.

This will avoid having to stop at the gate/office when you arrive, it appears you'll able to drive right in with your window sticker in advance.

When you register online they now have the classes to choose from on the online form. If you are entering in a CS class choose appropriately. If you call to register I'm sure you just need to let the operator know the correct class.

236 1968 MUSTANG GT/CS & HCS
237 2007 & UP MUSTANG GT/CS (ALL)

All of the showfield classes can be found here: http://carsatcarlisle.com/ce/pdf/2010_All_Ford_Classes.pdf

Registration is $40 prior to May 17th and $50 after that date.
Refunds will not be issued less than 19 days prior to the beginning of the event.

This year the dates are June 4th to June 6th.

I am adding a poll to this thread to get an idea on how many people are planning on attending.

Remember once you vote in the poll, you can't change your choice. If your plans change please post it in this thread if possible, or PM me if you prefer.

Info for the show can be found here:
http://carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Pony Ride on Friday
On Friday CJ Pony Parts which is a short drive from Carlisle will be hosting their Pony Ride event which usually has a great turnout of Mustangs for a ride through the area

Here are pictures from last year...

GT/CS and HCS specific pics from 2009 Carlisle weekend
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/GTCS-C...ars-at-Carlisle/8819756_gPMFy#584141746_fWW2c

Gallery of all photos from the 2009 Carlisle weekend
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/Car-Sh...-Ford-Nationals/8814859_a7gmx#583806997_NbqaV

Looking forward to another great turnout of GT/CS and HCS cars at Carlisle this year and getting together with everyone!!!

Hoping for good weather this year!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I've heard from Dave Spencer (racingfan) and Richard Reina (deestix) by email.

Dave is planning on attending but Richard can't make it this year.

Last edited:

robert campbell

Rich,
One day I will make this event. Mustangs and Ford's always has a write up on it. I would want deep pockets to wander around the swap area! It is always packed with the rarest of the rarest in Ford performance parts.

I envy you living so close to what I think is one of the premiere Ford events of the year!

Rob

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Rich,
One day I will make this event. Mustangs and Ford's always has a write up on it. I would want deep pockets to wander around the swap area! It is always packed with the rarest of the rarest in Ford performance parts.

I envy you living so close to what I think is one of the premiere Ford events of the year!

Rob

I envy all of you out on the West Coast and your proximity to the great car scene out there!

I wish I was even closer to Carlisle, would like to try and get out there for some of the non-Ford events as well as Spring and Ford Carlisle.

I haven't figured out how to see everything yet in the 3 days I'm usually there. We did lose some time last year due to rain on Friday though.

One of these days we'll have to both make the trek east and west.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

All Ford Nationals name changed to Carlisle Ford Nationals

This info was posted on the Carlisle forums

http://www.carlisleforums.com/showthread.php?t=9906

Carlisle Ford Nationals" (New Name & Logo)
Hey all!

Got some BIG news Blue Oval fans!

As you can see by the caption above, we have a new name & logo for the event.

With fresh approval from Ford we are now referring to the event as the:

"Carlisle Ford Nationals"

And we'll be using the attached new logo!

Keep an eye on the web site for the latest breaking news as it happens!

See ya in june!

Attachments

• Carlisle%20Ford%20Nationals%20Logo%20%28R%2003-31-10%29.jpg
    Carlisle%20Ford%20Nationals%20Logo%20%28R%2003-31-10%29.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 47

Ruppstang

I envy you both we are right in the middle and a long trip either way. Sorry Rich we can not come this year. We all ready have a trip planned to each coast. Marty

non compos mentis

As far as the 25 cars pre-registered by May 18th for the free 20x20 tent. Do they have to have your club name or is it any club as long as you have 25 pre-registered cars?

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

As far as the 25 cars pre-registered by May 18th for the free 20x20 tent. Do they have to have your club name or is it any club as long as you have 25 pre-registered cars?

My understanding is that they use the club affiliation you fill out when you pre-register to determine the number of people that have registered for a specific club.

This site could qualify but we never get enough members specifying this site as their club affiliation.

The Carlisle site has all the specifics and a Club Relations section which might be helpful. www.carsatcarlisle.com

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I did my registration for Carlisle today.

Reminder: This is the last week to be able to register with $10 savings and have your admission sticker and info mailed to you in advance. (No stopping at the registration office). Must register by May 3rd online to get it in advance.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

1 Month To Go!

Carlisle is a month away!!

Looking forward to seeing some CS and HCS owners again!

I saw the AACA Museum nearby in Hershey, PA is having a Muscle Car display which should be interesting too!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

1 Week to the Annual East Coast GT/CS Get together...

A week away from Carlisle. That came up fast.

I got my window sticker the other day.

Hoping for a decent turnout this year!

I'm hoping to do the CJ Pony Parts - Pony Trail cruise on Friday if the weather is good.

See you there!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Sounds like a good turnout this year...

Maybe not of GT/CS and HCS cars but this was in an email HCSSTANG and I got from Carlisle yesterday...

BREAKING NEWS! Event registration is up 30% and rising!

In 2008, with high gas prices, there were over 2000 cars and more than half were Mustangs - so 30% is a significant increase.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Had a great time in Carlisle this past weekend and got to meet up with a number of site members.

I'll post a wrap-up thread later in the next day or so with pics.

One quick note - this year's event shirt had a red 2011 GT/CS representing the Mustang.

If anyone is interested it looks like there are still shirts available online
http://www.carlisleeventsstore.com/products_Ford_Event.asp?dept=1004

Attachments

• FN10T.jpg
    FN10T.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: