• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Thinking of selling my GT/CS

Ric

Hi, everyone.

I used to post to this site several years ago but then life caught up and my visits and play time with my car virtually stopped.

My recollection of the knowledge and comments on this site are that you guys/gals really know your stuff. Since I've been out of the game for so long I was wondering what you might think my car might be worth if I sold it?

Images are here:

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=518

The car needs to be restored. There is a small amount of rust in the usual place on the doors and around the rear wheel wells but the floors, rails and fenders are fine. I've converted the car to electronic ignition (MSD) and added an Edelbrock aluminum intake and carb. I also switched over to an electronic fan to avoid over heating during slow drives in the summer. I have the original parts also.

Your honest comments, which I see in the postings, are appreciated. I've owned this car for 21 years and just want the possible next owner to have as much fun as I used to.

Thanks everyone!

Ric

CougarCJ

More information needed.

Engine, transmission, ... door data plate information would be nice.

Location?

Pictures of interior, underside, engine, etc.

OP
OP
R

Ric

It's a 289 with C4 tranny. I don't have any immediate pictures I can post but the engine compartment and under carriage is in good condition.

I live in British Columbia.

Thanks for the questions!

OP
OP
R

Ric

Sorry, forgot to mention that the front seats would need to be reupholstered but the back seat looks fine. I suspect a person would probably want to redo that as well though if the fronts would get done.

I also don't have the door plate details right now but could post them in a few days (car is in storage right now so getting to it would take time).

TraveledGTCS

What part of BC do you live? I may know someone there who would be interested. I travel up to BC about once a month

Bill

OP
OP
R

Ric

I live in Victoria.

Someone has offered me $10,000 for the car. I'm not sure if that's good, bad, or otherwise but it seems pretty decent to me.

gazrox

$10,000? I would think very seriously about taking it. I don't know how well the car is optioned but for a C-code that is in need of work, that seems a fair deal. Depends on how motivated you are to sell it!

GT/CS S Code

GT/CS in Victoria?

Greetings fellow Victorian!
Is your GT/CS the faded red one with the white stripe set that used to park on Douglas Street near the DQ? I hadn't seen that car in quite a while and wondered where it had got to ...
I have to agree that in the condition you're listing $10,000.00 sounds like a gift. (... to you ...)
:wink:
If you really feel you want to sell the car and that offer is sound, I think I'd take it.
Cheers, and let me know if you ever want to drop over and have a look at our red "S" code.
Al
aka
GT/CS S Code

Attachments

• GT CS Calendar photo resized.jpg
    GT CS Calendar photo resized.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
R

Ric

Hi. Yes, that's the one.

It definitely needs to be restored but the floors, rails and boxes are in great shape so only the quarters and door skins are in need of sheet metal replacement. The interior also needs a 'service'.

I'm pretty sure I've seen your car around town at shows? Very nice car! Was it yours that was in the news paper a little while back?

Thanks for the response. For me, I have the space at home to continue storing it and I've owned it already for a couple of decades so selling it would have to be well worth my while. It's like selling a family member at this point...

Cisco

Hi Ric,

Have you sold this car yet? I live in BC and I am looking for either GT/CS or a GT. I would be interested in more info if your other deal did not pan out.

Thanks

OP
OP
R

Ric

Hi, Cisco.

There are now a couple of people interested in the car but I haven't committed to sell the car to either.

If you like, I can email you some info and pictures directly? I'd just need to get your address somehow.

Where do you live?

GT/CS S Code

Around town ...

Hi again,
Yes, to repeat my favorite "Arlie" comment about our car, that would be our "Arrest Me Red" GT/CS that you'd seen around town last summer, and yes that article in the local paper did feature our 390 "S" code GT/CS. We've been lax so far this year and haven't licenced it yet, since there were still a few small problems to address before we drove it again. We got some of the work done a few weeks ago, but have a few more details to take care of before it's finished. Hopefully it'll be back on the road in mid to late July this year, so we might see you at local events. There is a fairly casual "show and shine" night on Saturday nights at the Royal Oak Shopping Centre, based around the Francelli's coffee shop there. (They sponsor the event each year ...) Here is a bit of information from their website:
Every Saturday night, Francelli’s Coffee, located at the Royal Oak Shopping Center, sponsors "coffee cruisin" where you can expect to see one hundred plus collector or specialty vehicles on display. The owners use the opportunity to get together over a coffee and excellent hamburgers to exchange stories, good times, and show off their cars. The staff at the restaurant can offer lots of coffee, cold soft drinks, bagels, and delicious BBQ'ed hamburgers.
We spent a few nights there last year and will likely do it again later this summer when the car is back on the road. We're heading out of town for an anniversary trip in late June and early July, but will be back after July 11th and will concentrate on the car more after we're back.
If you get some time in late July, send us a PM and we'll arrange a date and time to meet you there one night ....
Cheers,
Al & Laurie
aka
GT/CS S Code

Attachments

• InMotion March 6 2009.jpg
    InMotion March 6 2009.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 32