• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

To Our Florida GT/CS friends...

P

PNewitt

To all of those tonight in Florida....

I would like to send my best to Pete and his wife at Orlando Mustang, my friends at Mustang Monthly in Lakelend, and the many owners of GT/CS Mustangs all over Florida (about 20 cars--five of which are show quality!).

Although I am thinking and hoping for the best of ALL Floridans, my heart especially goes out to those I have gotten to know through my GT/CS Registry. Let's hope that those owners north and northwest of Florida are not affected by Francis in the coming days.

If anyone with a GT/CS (or any classic Mustang) experiences damage or loss, let us know, and we will offer our help and support in its restoration or repair.

This is a great group of Mustangers here--and I am proud to be part of it.

Paul M. Newitt

rjw

On Tuesday the 7th, I am heading southbound in central Alabama and spot a white GT/CS on a trailer heading northbound near Montgomery, AL. Not a particularly common sight in this area...could this have been one of the Florida cars Paul was talking about heading away from harm's way?
Richard

Jayscal

Paul,

Thank you for your concern. My GT/CS and I are located in Palm Bay, FL we were hit hard. I was very fortunate though, my neighbors carport and roof were ripped off and thrown against my roof. I have a few leaks in my roof and water damage in my kitchen, but the garage and the GT/CS survived with no injuries. Other than the leaky roof and no power for 4 days, we came thru better than expected. My neighbors was not as lucky, and his house is not in any condition to live in.

On Wedesday night before the mass evacuation, I told the wife we are taking the 'Stang out, for what could possibly be her last ride. Then we were prepared for direct hit of the eye of a catagory 4 hurricane. We drove down US1 South for over a hour enjoying the view of the beach. On the way home I opened her up flew home, hit 110MPH man it was fun as heck. She had performed flawlessly for me, it was the best way to possibly end 20 years of ownership. I covered her up and abandoned her on Thursday. When we were allowed to go home on Sunday, I was quite relieved to see my house and garage still there. I thank the lord for sparing my place as many other people lost or had severe damage to their homes. I only hope other owners of classis vehicles here in Florida were as lucky as me.

Jay

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Jay,

Your story, without a doubt, is the most moving owner's story that I've ever read--from the hundreds that I've received in the mail for the registry--in the past 18 years...

Although personally surviving a hurricane is the most important--your story captures how we all feel about our GT/CS (HCS) cars. Somehow, these Mustangs bring on a personality all their own, and the affection and appreciation for them is very high. Yes, they are "just metal", but they become parts of our lives, and also become a member of the family.

I think we all have had to deal with the advent of loss like this, but your story really had me thinking last night.

I am so glad that you and your wife, and the car are all OK. Sorry to hear about your neighbors' misfortune.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Paul.

p.s. so when do you start on the reinforced steel and concrete garage?