• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Clueless

whodat

I had my car at the radio shop today getting the AM radio put back in the car. I bought a Redirad and will try that. There was a guy who stopped when he saw the car and said he just bought his son a 2012 GT/CS. He didn't know they made them in 68. He asked Paul the installer if it was for sale and he said everything has a price and gave him my number. No phone call yet.

franklinair

Don't be hasty....I've had seller's remorse ever since I sold my Meadowlark GT/CS.
My current Highland Green CS has turned out really nice- but a LOT of work & $$ to get it this way.

Neil

Last edited:

somethingspecial

What ever happened to Protecting the Customer? The shop owner should have gotten the interested parties name and number and given it to YOU!!!!!! That is just bad business practice. JMHO (sorry, just had to say something about that)

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

Don't be hasty....I've had seller's remorse ever since I sold my Meadow Lark GT/CS.
My current Highland Green CS has turned out really nice- but a LOT of work & $$ to get it this way.

Neil
LOL. I don't think he would pay me what I have put in this car.

BigJim

What ever happened to Protecting the Customer? The shop owner should have gotten the interested parties name and number and given it to YOU!!!!!! That is just bad business practice. JMHO (sorry, just had to say something about that)

Not only bad a business practice, but a potential for theft. Unless you have an unlisted phone number the guy can use a reverse look up and find where you (and the car) live.

dalorzo_f

but a potential for theft.
Hmmmm......

You're using the internet, and posting in your sig you have a J code GT/CS, and are afraid of someone giving out a phone number?

Do you have a cell/mobile phone, a license plate, use any social media (e.g "we want your data/info to mine") sites... ??? Easy to look up your location from post via your IP address and ISP and find the location of your car from here!

Besides, the sites on line registry lists VIN's, options, names, and locations...

In a 20 second search I found;

8R01J151226 James & Maryann Urban W X 72 2B 5 IL

Mabe a bit more info than a phone number??? :wink: Makes for easy pickens in today's wired age.... should we abandon it? :eek:

c'mon.... way too paraniod...

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

I think I will tell him not to give my number out anymore. That was bad practice. I was suppose to be there with the car, but I was donating to The Salvation Army and needed to be home for them. Couldn't be in 2 places at the same time.