• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Script on Front Fenders

MCD1653

Hey guys,

Have I understood correctly, that the front fenders has no Running Horse, 289 or, 302 other than the Mustang script.

Thanks Peter

Last edited:

somethingspecial

That is correct

The CS package deleted the Running Horse emblem from the front fenders and if memory serves me correctly, the front fenders had it's own part number reflecting the deletion of the holes for same. The Mustang script remained in its original location.

dalorzo_f

the front fenders had it's own part number reflecting the deletion of the holes for same.

So would that mean GT's had a separate part too?

Would think the line just drilled a template according to build sheet, not multiple parts for a simple drilled hole that varied in at least 3 ways...???

somethingspecial

According to the DSO Delete-Add list for the Califonia Special Package:

Front Fenders: Delete P/N C8ZB-16005-6-K, Add C7AB-16005-6-M; 1 ea. Fender Assy. Front R&L.

Ruppstang

Mike is correct in that there was a differnt part # for the GT-CS and HCS. I belive that this fender was a blank that was also used for the GT cars as well. I have no documentation of this. Marty

Ruppstang

That is why I believe that it was also used for the GT cars in 67 as well. The Master parts catalog list the C7AB16005-6-M as a undrilled service replacement ( drill holes as needed) Marty

somethingspecial

That is why I believe that it was also used for the GT cars in 67 as well. The Master parts catalog list the C7AB16005-6-M as a undrilled service replacement ( drill holes as needed) Marty

Thanks Marty for clearing that up. I suspected that was the case.

68 special

So, I'm confused and need clarification... where does the side marker come in to play on a blank C7 fender that is used on a '68? reguardeless of script location.

Bret

dalorzo_f

In '68 the marker became mandatory by federal regualtion, the C8xx stock fender. Which is different than a '67 due to the marker light hole and formed mounting flanges. (and on some running horse bagdes the pin size and locations changed in '68 as well)

I just thought it odd that an undrilled '68 C8 part somehow becomes a 'C7... as all '68's have the marker lights. As such, it can't be the same as a stock 67 fender, GT or no...

Ruppstang

In '68 the marker became mandatory by federal regualtion, the C8xx stock fender. Which is different than a '67 due to the marker light hole and formed mounting flanges. (and on some running horse bagdes the pin size and locations changed in '68 as well)

I just thought it odd that an undrilled '68 C8 part somehow becomes a 'C7... as all '68's have the marker lights. As such, it can't be the same as a stock 67 fender, GT or no...

Good point guys you would think when it was updated to include the the marker light that would have changed the number to a C8 # even though it was still considered a undrilled fender. When I get some time I'll dig in to some more book and see if I can find a better answer. Marty