• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ Can't wait!

GT100e

Still didn't get my V.I.N. from my dealer yet for my 2011 GT/CS, ordered it nov 28th for delivery near march but can anyone give me an idea how long it takes, after the V.I.N. is given, to get my hands on the car?
March is so far away... :sad: Of course with the snow up here I'm in no hurry but I'd like it in my garage to wax and play with :grin:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new GT/CS!

Be sure to document the delivery well with lots of photos for posterity. Those of us with the 1968 versions would kill for photos of our cars being delivered into the hands of their new owners way back then.

J.Bart

mine was ordered mid nov 2007, and it showed up the first of jan 2008
did you get the rear camera?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I don't think the rear camera is available on the GT/CS. Maybe because of the special rear fascia?

gofastguy

I believe that you may well see your new baby prior to March. It is my understanding that the order banks are opening about now for 2012's to begin shipping in March. Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you can't wait!!

OP
OP
GT100e

GT100e

Don't worry about pics, will get lots of those :grin:You're right about the rear camera, not available on the 2011 GT/CS. I'm not in a "physical" hurry to get the car because I'll have to go and get it on a flatbed truck to get it in my garage because of the weather up here in "La Belle Province" Québec.
It's mentally that I can't wait :wink:
Already received the carbon fiber colored hood struts, shirts, baseball cap, license plate frame and will order the "plaques" from the member here as soon as I get my V.I.N. Yes I'm a bit:icon_ecst

Marco

OP
OP
GT100e

GT100e

Just got a call from my salesman and he gave me some news about my GT/CS, instead of a 2011 it will be a 2012:grin::grin: I'll try to find some info because he assured me everything was kept the same, seat color, wheels etc... I sure hope so, but since I wasn't in the market when the first 2011 were introduced, I'm glad I'll have a 2012 :cool:

J.Bart

interesting!
did we have news that ford is building 2012 cal specials?

rvrtrash

So much for "limited production". Wow, a 2012 version. That's a 5 year streak.

I know some people bought the new CS's hoping it would be rare and worth a lot some day, but rarity doesn't guarantee value. It could be so rare that no one has heard of it, or not enough people wanted it. If Ford continues to have a market for it, that means it's popular, which is a better indicator of future resale. The new Mach 1 and Bullitt have come and gone, but the CS keeps on selling. :grin:

Steve

OP
OP
GT100e

GT100e

So much for "limited production". Wow, a 2012 version. That's a 5 year streak.
I think they didn't offer it in 2010, did they? As for "Special value" in the long run, I just prefered the look of the front and back of the GT/CS that is mainly why I went with the little extra. I had a 2003 Centennial Vert, it had just a touch of different things on it but it was different than the regular GT's and I liked that:grin:

I had seen somewhere that they would continue the GT/CS for 2012 and wondered it I should've waited but they made it easy on me since I ordered late november :icon_ecst:icon_ecst:icon_ecst

admin

Staff member
Administrator
interesting!
did we have news that ford is building 2012 cal specials?
I saw some dealer literature that showed a 2012 GT/CS around the end of last year. I thought someone posted it here, but maybe not. If not I'll make a post on it.

See below for the sales brochure page. Nice looking Mustang, especially in the Grabber Glue! Looks like the 2012 will be available in Yellow Blaze, which is the first time yellow has been offered in the 2007+ GT/CS.

Attachments

• 2012 Mustang Dealer Brochure_Page_5.jpg
    2012 Mustang Dealer Brochure_Page_5.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Mosesatm

Just got a call from my salesman and he gave me some news about my GT/CS, instead of a 2011 it will be a 2012:grin::grin: I'll try to find some info because he assured me everything was kept the same, seat color, wheels etc... I sure hope so, but since I wasn't in the market when the first 2011 were introduced, I'm glad I'll have a 2012 :cool:

You ordered it in November 2010 and expect delivery in March so I wonder why it would be badged as a 2012. Are they rolling the 2012s out mid-year (April)?

rvrtrash

The 2012 Boss 302 is supposed to come out in March or April, so it looks like that's the start of the production year.

Steve

OP
OP
GT100e

GT100e

You ordered it in November 2010 and expect delivery in March so I wonder why it would be badged as a 2012. Are they rolling the 2012s out mid-year (April)?
Ordered my GT/CS nov.30th 2010 I've seen on a mustang site that Ford starts 2012 model year production jan 18th 2011 :
2011 last day prod. Jan. 14th 2011

Order bank opens Nov. 18th 2010
Scheduling begins Dec. 2nd 2010
Production begins Jan. 18th 2011

Will talk to my salesman about the rebates offered when I ordered the 2011, hope they honor those :undecided

J.Bart

so,....... how long,.... do you think,........ before someone tries to sell a 2010 california special??
you know it's going to happen.

J.Bart

we should do a pool on when it will happen.
pick a month and year.

OP
OP
GT100e

GT100e

I'm still trying to pick up some news on the net on the 2012 models but everything is about the new Boss 302 nothing yet on the GT/CS except the info I had found on the mustang source site :sad: