• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Bay Area GT/CS Owners

robert campbell

All,
The GT/CS that Janice Brulc has registered in the site to my knowledge is in the "bay" area. Might be near Monterey. I have an old e-mail from Janice and asked her if she could find the new owner. She indicated she may know who this person is.

I am trying to visit Tim and Renee over a long weekend in May or June. Not firmed up yet. I would love to see this car in person, or may ask someone nearby to look at it, if it is ok with the owner. Take a few pics of some areas on the car.

Anyone in the San Fran Bay area?

Rob

PonyGal

Rob,

We would love to see you if you can make it down, but like Tim said, give us plenty of warning.

I am going in for some surgery on my hand in a couple of days (nothing too serious), and then I will be in Hawaii for a week after a couple of days in Santa Cruz to visit friends. So, I will be out of town from the 16th through the 24th.

Hope your trip to Hawaii was relaxing!! Did you have that drink at Dukes for me???

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Renee,
We (Val and I) may have had more than one dirnk at Dukes!! It was so great!!! Warning will be sent!!

Rob

PonyGal

Renee,
We (Val and I) may have had more than one dirnk at Dukes!! It was so great!!! Warning will be sent!!

Rob

Sounds like you did have more than one "dirnk" at Dukes. I guess I will need to pick up where you left off (in moderation of course).

HappyHour

Hey RC...lemme know what you are thinking.

Monterey would be approx 120 miles south of SF so not sure its technically the Bay Area anymore (just below Santa Cruz). : )

There maybe some members that would be closer if the owner doesnt mind us taking pictures of the CS.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Robert/All,
Below is part of a response from Janice I got today. Not much help. I am going to see if Janice can help more. She lives in Monterey.

First, I MISS MY GT/CS sooooo bad! Also, I do not know where the car is. Its been roughly 4-5 years since we have been dearly departed. Mr. Tom Shields is the man who sold the car to me..he does not have it. Last heard the car was in Seaside,CA which is just 2 miles from Monterey,CA I have no knowledge or info on the person that bought the car...and the connection to that person is now gone as well. Perhaps a "shout it out" in our local paper..the Herald or "The Weekly" with request/inquiry may get you a bite.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Rob

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Funny. I'm in San Fran right now at a conference and was in Monterey on a behind the scenes tour of the Aquarium this afternoon.

I know it doesn't add much to the conversation, but it's just a small world sometimes. If I see any Specials I'll take pics! :)

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Thanks Jon,
It is a dirty gold color like mine was.... Black vinyl top and black GT/CS stipes. Color keyed (dirty gold) style steel wheels. Lucas lghts. Basic Marti report is in the Marti thread.

License plate 5 years ago was a basic new California plate 2BLX924. Not sure if anyone has an "acquaintance" at the DMV that can run a plate...... VIN is 8R01C124554

Rob

Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry guys. I'm leaving today. This particular trip was very packed with seminars, tours and client meetings/dinners. Next time I'll try to plan more in advance and set up a quick lunch or something w/ locals.