• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Book Progress Report / UPDATE

P

PNewitt

As I work on the book, I'll be posting details as to how it's coming along. I may not have a lot of time either make current, daily posts, but I'll do the best I can.

here is todays:

Here is an update on the book, as of today, Jan 9th:

Here is the final page count, which has grown from the original 200 pages I had planned on doing. There is just way too much to include--so, I just made room for it:

Intro, and History, pp. 1-21

Development (incl. new blueprints): pp. 22-39

Advertising (print, TV,brochure, etc.) pp. 40-75

Authentication (I.D., DSO, Marti info, HCS history,etc.) pp. 76-95

Production ( factory, dealers, options, accessories, prod. changes) pp. 96-111

Restoration ( basics, paint-body, fiberglas, fogs, grille, taillights, etc.) pp. 112-173
(includes an extensive concours section)

Late Model Story--'07/'08 (development, production numbers, interview, specs, colors, advertising,etc.)
pp. 174-193

GT/CS Registry ( '68, and '07-'08), data, results, charts, photos, etc.) pp. 194-234

GT/CS Appendix Section (Green Hornet story, collectibles, values, biblio, sources) pp. 235-260

WHEW!

I am also working on the license with Ford, and finding a printer. The book will include an aluminum metal plate on the cover for the title, and a sequence number of the book stamped in a metal plate on the back cover (i.e. "book no. 245 of 2,000"). This will look VERY exclusive!

There's a lot of new things I can't wait for you to see--that have surfaced recently, and interviews I still need to make with several folks that worked on the car.

More to follow as it develops.

Thanks! Paul Newitt

HappyHour

Paul how many of the super limited edition autographed ones with you hangin out with your CS will be available?? I got dibs on one of those....

Im happy to be part of this historical event. All this passion for the CS bottled up in a book will be priceless. :wink:

Robert

Ketil Ertner

Hi Paul.. it sounds great.

I was wondering if you have got my letter of 30. oct. ..? as i have got no reply..

Greetings from Denmark..

Ketil.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

How do we get a copy of this book once it is published? I am very interested in getting a copy.

All you have to do is send me an SASE to:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617 USA

I'll send you a pre-order form for the book. And by the way, you do not have to own a GT/CS to get a copy. Anyone can buy one! (even Camaro owners! LOL!)

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

GT/CS Book ordering information

In case you missed this thread, here are all the .pdf forms of the book flier:

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5494

The retail cost of the book is $100 per copy. I am accepting $50 deposits (per book). Each book will be signed and numbered, from #125 to 2,000.

Many numbered books have been "spoken for" by folks who have already pre-ordered (BTW--#1968 is the most requested number, but has been secured by Donna).

thanks!

Paul N.

joedls

Many numbered books have been "spoken for" by folks who have already pre-ordered (BTW--#1968 is the most requested number, but has been secured by Donna).

Just had to rub that in, didn't you. I don't think Donna plays fair. :icon_no:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

....I didn't tell HOW she secured that number...just that she managed to get it...

My lips are sealed. LOL!

Paul "persuaded" N.

(poor Donna, we sure pick on the 'girl..)

J.Bart

thank you Paul

i wanted to say thanks Paul for your hard work and attention to detail.
it is reflective of the club and its members. they seem to be a special breed of mustang owners. the book that your putting together sounds to be thorough, detailed, and set apart from other books and the like that i have seen. this club is pleasant to be a part of.
thank you all
jbart

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

i wanted to say thanks Paul for your hard work and attention to detail.
it is reflective of the club and its members. they seem to be a special breed of mustang owners. the book that your putting together sounds to be thorough, detailed, and set apart from other books and the like that i have seen. this club is pleasant to be a part of.
thank you all
jbart

Thanks, JBART

There is SO much of this book that would have never happened without this site, and all your help. Before this site--and even the 'net, years ago, I was working "blindly", with no instant feedback, just letters and photos, etc. That was just the way we communicated back then (circa 1990).

It's a two way street--and I thank you all so very much for your help.

This book will be VERY comprehensive, and detailed. I'm sure anyone who gets it--that doesn't already have a GT/CS will want to go out and get one! And those who have one, will be sitting pretty! (and going out and looking for things they never thought were on their car!).

I just think, as I put it together, that this book goes way beyond the typical coffee-table Mustang book. There are a lot of new things--and things now in color that will enhance the material. I think, as a Mustang "marque", we're in a great position. Between Mustang and Shelby, and quite our own, dedicated group.

I agree--we have a lot to be thankful for, and especially my graditude, for all your help.

Many thanks! Paul Newitt

koronen

Hey Paul, is there any way to preorder the book online, since the mail system in Korea takes a little while and they keep losing my mail?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Major Headache Avoided!

I was at MacWorld San Francisco today, and found out that my database for the GT/CS Registry can be imported to new software without a problem.

Back in 1995, I used a software called Filemaker Pro (1.0), and, so, today, I bought a copy of "Filemaker Pro 9".

It involves some steps with opening version 1.0 up through version 3, then 6, then to 9. But--this saves a TON of data entry. WHEW!!

What's nice about Filemaker Pro 9, is I can put your car photos (one per entry) right into the data file. When it's printed, your info and your photo is right there--ready for the book!

Well worth the trip to SF today!

Paul N.

HappyHour

Glad you enjoyed your trip out here! Im just a block or 2 away and the city is definitely a bit Apple\Mac crazy this week. :grin:

Robert

Ketil Ertner

Hi Paul,
i have sent you an SASE on 30. oct. 2007, but i have not got a pre-order form from you.. ??

Is there an easier way for us half-way-round-the-world..?

Best regards,
Ketil from Denmark